Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
As a DSP Engineer at Astranis, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of signal processing algorithms. If you're excited about digital filters, modems, multirate signal processing, or component modeling, this is the role for you! You'll work closely with the RTL team, as well as the other comms teams to help design the best possible radios for our satellites.
This role will contribute to both commercial and our US government programs.
- Design signal processing for custom software defined radio hardware (ex. channelization, equalization, PA linearization, gain control, carrier synchronization, symbol mapping, framing, channel coding/FEC, etc)
- Work closely with FPGA developers to implement and test the signal processing on radio hardware
- Responsible for trade studies for new SDR architectures and support payload-wide R&D efforts
- Have a four-year degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
- Strong fundamentals in "signals and systems" (basic transforms, filters, aliasing, analysis in both continuous and discrete domains, interpolation, decimation, etc)
- Strong fundamentals in digital communications (modulation, coding, synchronization, fading, doppler, multiple access, channel capacity, etc)
- Understanding of software development (some experience writing software for DSPs, MCUs, and/or FPGAs)
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment and constantly learning
- Experience with satellite communication systems
- Experience with software defined radios
- Experience with GNU Radio
- Experience with Python
- Experience with FPGA development (and/or embedded C)
- Understanding of analog concepts (amplifiers, analog filters, gain and delay variation, reflections, compression, etc)
- Experience working with signal generator, signal analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope, etc
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
What we offer:
What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.