Ground Operations Engineer
This role will contribute to both commercial and our US government programs.
Responsible for supporting the design, integration, and test of earth stations in the lab and in the field. Earth stations include not only the RF/Antenna, but the indoor digital equipment as well (modems, SDRs). Ownership includes:
- Site selection planning, component procurement, and build instructions
- Interface with multiple disciplines including; mission operations, avionics, RF, logistics, suppliers, external partners, and manufacturing
- Oversee production, testing, quality control, and shipment logistics of ground station support hardware
- Maintain asset documentation and preventative maintenance plans
- Design and build ground station communication systems through all stages of development (site survey, system design review, hardware selection, hardware integration, end-to-end testing and activation)
- Iterate system design to improve efficiency, speed, and scalability
- Debugging equipment in the lab and in the field
The primary focus of this position will be remote / small earth stations and VSAT operations. Additionally, involvement in large gateway station projects is likely as our worldwide infrastructure requirements grow.
- 3-5 years experience with earth station hardware and wireless communications (preferably satcom).
- Experience using RF test equipment (spectrum analyzer and signal generator) and debugging RF components
- Strong project management skills, detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Willing to travel 20% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy a fast paced environment and wearing many hats
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field in engineering
- Familiar with networking (Ethernet, IP, TCP)
- Comfortable scripting, preferably in Python
- Logistics experience
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
The Base Salary for this position ranges from $130,000 -$160,000 per year.
What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are informed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.