Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Associate Engineer positions typically last for twelve weeks, and are salaried roles designed for students who have already received a bachelor's degree (or who will have done so before working at Astranis).
As an Associate Engineer, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, and our Associate Engineers work on projects that are of equal importance and difficulty to the projects we give our full-time employees. Many past Associate Engineers have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many now work at Astranis full-time.
If you are still a college student, please apply to join us as an Intern.
Pre-sales and post-sales network architecture and planning, which at its core involves optimizing high throughput satellite networks by understanding and trading dozens of parameters, including but not limited to
- Digital payload configuration
- Orbital slot selection and frequency planning
- Antenna system optimization, user coverage area definition
- Gateway location(s) selection
- User terminal selection
- Networking / modem equipment selection and configuration
The role provides a balance of technical and business / customer facing responsibilities, and is high visibility and high impact. This role includes 1:1 mentorship from a senior, seasoned sales engineer, enabling rapid learning and growth!
- Strong ability to optimize systems by juggling many variables, considering all options, running a detailed trade study
- Process oriented mindset - constantly seeking more efficient ways of doing things, anticipating features needed from both internal and external tools
- Scripting language experience, preferably Python
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Enjoy a fast paced environment, with just the right amount of chaos ;)
- Knack for math
- Ability to craft high quality presentations, deliver those presentations to potential partners, and succinctly answer challenging technical questions posed by partners
- Willingness to travel a bit (< 10%)
The base salary for this position is $1600 per week.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.