Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Inventory Operations Intern
As our Inventory Operations Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. No prior Inventory experience necessary — we will teach you all you need to know!
We are seeking someone immediately!
- Supporting the Inventory Manager to ensure accurate documentation of parts
- Receiving and accounting of items into our systems
- Auditing, inspecting, and inspection of deliveries for all parts and items within our labs
- Sorting, counting, and accurate placement of items to ensure manufacturing efficiency. (i.e.. fasteners, sensors, screws, etc.)
- Identify untagged inventory to ensure systems are updated.
- Perform physical identification of part located throughout our factory
- Assist in the shipping of parts to vendors or suppliers.
- Organizing inventory areas throughout the factory and identify potential process improvements
- Inventory stocking of packing materials, tools, and supplies
- Organized and detail oriented individual
- No task is too big or too small! For instance, you may sort 10,000 screws by size and tomorrow create shipping labels
- Passionate about seeing projects from inception to completion
- High accountability and willingness to own certain aspects of the inventory process
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly identify problems and implement a solution
- No prior Inventory experience necessary - we will teach you all you need to know
- Must be onsite at our HQ located in San Francisco 5 days a week
The base pay for this position is $26.50 per hour.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.