As a Senior IT Systems Administrator you will play a pivotal role in supporting our team and maintaining our cutting-edge infrastructure, as we work to revolutionize the satellite industry and connect the world like never before!
Your primary responsibility will be overseeing our most critical Linux systems, ensuring the reliability, security, and scalability of our systems across cloud, on-premises, and physical devices. Your expertise in Linux administration and Bash scripting will be critical in achieving these goals.
We're seeking a proactive problem-solver with a keen eye for detail, committed to upholding best practices. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented teams and contribute to a mission that will change the world. Join us on this exciting journey and help build the future of satellite technology.
- Deploy, maintain, and oversee physical and virtual infrastructure
- Test and deploy new software and technologies
- Writing automation scripts
- Working closely with our engineering teams to provide support for the development and manufacturing of space hardware
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and best practices for system administration
- Collaborate with team members to address IT challenges as they arise
- Ensure compliance with security policies and regulatory requirements
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, recommending improvements and new solutions as appropriate
- 6+ years of experience general System Administration
- 3+ years of experience in Linux Administration
- 2+ years experience in Bash scripting
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues across diverse platforms
- Administration experience with Active Directory, Okta, Google Workspace or similar
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Proficiency in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Highly motivated with an eye for improving processes through automation
- Comfort with (and enthusiasm for) taking on tasks that require learning new skills and using new tools
- Able to perform duties autonomously without much supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Don’t meet all the requirements? Not a problem. Please apply anyway
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with FreeIPA
- Familiarity with containerization engines (Docker, Kubernetes) and associated administration
- Experience administering wired and wireless networks, VPNs, and cloud-based services
- Familiarity with backup systems such as Veeam
- Knowledge of EAR regulations
- Atlassian (Jira, Confluence) Servers
- Implementation of High Performance Computing and clustering of services.
- Okta implementation and management
What we offer: