Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.
- Work on an interdisiciplinary team to design, build, and test satellite hardware and software.
- Work with the Electrical, Mechanical, RF, Propulsion engineering teams to develop assembly and integration test plans and procedures based on concepts and designs
- Learn to use various pieces of test equipment and instruments (thermal chambers, vibration tables, DAQs, oscilloscopes, etc.) to successfully execute test plans.
- Coordinate assembly, integration and environmental test efforts
- Have a four-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent technical degree)
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with spacecraft systems and operation
- Don’t meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing
- Experience writing Python code to: Interface with test equipment, process large datasets, visualize data
- Experience in CAD
- Direct electrical or mechanical design experience
- Demonstrated ability to debug hardware and software problems under time pressure
The base pay for this position is $26.50 per hour.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.