Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
The mission of this role is to develop and execute electrical validation tests to quantify parametric device performance and margins over all system conditions. The validation team holds customers’ requirements in the highest regard and is solely responsible for certifying a product’s parametric conformance to this high bar. At Astera Labs, we are looking for motivated Post-Silicon Validation Engineers to work on our game-changing portfolio of connectivity products for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications. In this role you will formulate a comprehensive post-Silicon validation plan, automate the testing of ICs and board products, design experiments to root-cause unexpected behavior, report results and specification compliance, and work with key internal customers to quantify margins and ensure robustness.
- Strong academic and technical background in Electrical or Computer Engineering. At minimum, a Bachelor’s is required, and a Master’s is preferred.
- ≥5 years experience supporting or developing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, to plan and prepare for internal meetings in advance, and to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Entrepreneurial, open-minded behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Proven track record solving problems independently, preferably as a tech lead
- Familiarity with PCIe5/6 and CXL specs, especially Electrical Compliance sections
- Working knowledge of key, high-speed design blocks such as PLL’s, DFE, Tx EQ
- Experience in system testing, characterization, margin analysis and optimization of high-speed PCIe/CXL data links over long and short channels
- Strong python scripting ability: knowledge of object-oriented programming and basic dev ops using git for source control and collaboration
- Deep background in developing bench automation techniques, preferably using Python, with emphasis on execution efficiency, repeatability, and data analysis.
- Proficiency using high-speed lab equipment such as BERT, Oscilloscope, and VNA
- Hands-on experience with signal integrity, especially as it relates to PCIe/CXL testing and CEM/NVMe interfaces
- Working knowledge of C or C++ for embedded FW
- Familiarity with IEEE 802.3x Ethernet standards and both NRZ and PAM-4 signaling
- Working knowledge of common serial data specifications such as I2C, SPI, etc
- Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout tools from Cadence, Altium, etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as MATLAB, Keysight ADS, or PLTS for data analysis and modeling of electrical channel and signal integrity issues
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.