Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
As an Astera Labs Senior Product Application Engineer, you will be part of a team that designs-in and supports Astera Labs’ PCIe retimer products in the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs. In this role, you will need to provide technical guidance to customers to overcome design challenges, generate collateral for existing and new products, and drive innovation by providing insightful feedback to other internal teams to continuously improve products and processes. There are opportunities to support key customers directly, and also to dive deep in the lab to address the challenges associated with leading edge semiconductor products.
- Strong academic and technical background in electrical engineering. At minimum, a Bachelor’s in EE is required, Master’s is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with FAEs/customers to design in complex SoC/silicon products with a PCIe interface
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Strong working knowledge of PCIe LTSSM at a physical layer level, associated standards, and debug. Most recent experience with PCIe 4.0 at a minimum, some experience with 5.0/CXL preferred.
- Silicon/System bring-up and debug experience in customer systems.
- Firsthand experience with lab equipment such as protocol analyzers/exercisers, high-speed oscilloscopes, or BERTs.
- Technical writing skills to generate clear, precise documentation including application notes and similar guides for internal and customer-facing audiences.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch or Retimer products.
- PCIe compliance testing methodology and troubleshooting
- Firmware development with C-language, scripting with Python or other equivalent programming languages.
- Understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs, Networking switches/routers/interconnects etc.
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.