Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
As an Astera Labs Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be designing and developing Firmware for validation and productization of CXL Memory devices and other future looking memory technologies for Astera Labs.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering / Electronics / Computer Science or related fields.
- Strong Firmware development skills in C within Embedded environments
- Good understanding of CXL or PCIe features defined in standards and specifications
- Experienced in implementing CXL or PCIe end point capabilities
- Good knowledge in PCIe enumeration, MSI, MSI-X, SR-IOV and PCIe error handling.
- Familiarity with CXL 1.1/2.0/3.0 Memory Pooling and Sharing.
- Experienced in using PCIe Analyzer, familiarity with BIOS, BMC configuration
- Good understanding of BIOS/PCIe device/OS interactions, MMIO and RAS concepts
- Experienced in debugging customer issues related to PCIe on CPU platforms
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.