Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
As an Astera Labs Regional Field Applications Engineer, you will lead a team of FAEs as a player-coach to establish the team as trusted technical advisors to the world’s leading cloud service providers, server and network OEMs by working with them to design solutions that use Astera Labs’ portfolio of connectivity products. In this role, you will need to identify and understand customer requirements, propose Astera Labs solutions that provide clear value to the customer and provide hands-on design-in support. You will drive innovation by listening to the customer requirements, working with our engineering teams to implement into the product roadmap and delivering the results back to the customer.
- BS in electrical engineering. Master’s degree in engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Cloud service providers and server OEM customers to design in complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical team as player-coach, hire and develop new & existing team members.
- Customer-oriented, Goal-driven, Self-motivated, be able to work independently and be able to travel frequently to customer sites.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act with the customer in mind!
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, NVMe, etc.
- Silicon/System bring-up and debug experience in customer systems.
- Experience with lab equipment including protocol analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- A strong background in high-speed board design techniques, and understanding of Data Center systems like Servers, JBOGs/JBODs, Networking switches/routers etc.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Python for automating system validation and link optimization.
- Able to step through embedded firmware at the SerDes (SoC) or MCU level for debugging.
- Firsthand experience with lab equipment including traffic generators, analyzers, and high-speed oscilloscopes.
- Hands-on knowledge of NRZ/PAM4 SerDes-based protocols like 100/400/800G Ethernet (25G and above), PCI Express, CXL.
- Working knowledge of software/firmware build environments, gcc/Make and GitHub.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.
- Knowledge of simulation/modeling, schematic capture, and PCB layout tools from Cadence, Altium and others etc.
- Knowledge of simulation tools such as Keysight ADS, Mathworks QCD, etc. for IBIS-AMI analysis.
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.