Astera Labs is a global leader delivering semiconductor-based connectivity solutions purpose-built to unleash the full potential of intelligent data infrastructure at cloud-scale. Our class-defining first-to-market products based on PCIe, CXL, and Ethernet technologies deliver critical connectivity for high-value artificial intelligence and machine learning applications. Our focus on customer-driven product definition and commitment to design solutions in the cloud, for the cloud, results in breakthrough execution and scale for our customers. We are headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, with R&D centers and offices in Taiwan, China, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada, and Haifa, Israel.
We are looking for Digital Design Engineers with experience developing micro-architecture and implementation of the front-end circuit design, including RTL, synthesis, IP integration, and block-level verification for high performance network controllers. The candidate must have good knowledge of communication/interface protocols such as PCI-Express (Gen-3 and above), Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Strong academic and technical background in electrical engineering. A Bachelor’s degree in EE is required, and a Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience supporting or developing complex SoC/silicon products for Server, Storage, and/or Networking applications.
- Professional attitude with the ability to prioritize a dynamic list of multiple tasks, plan and prepare for customer meetings in advance, and work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Entrepreneurial, open-mind behavior and can-do attitude. Think and act fast with the customer in mind!
- Authorized to work in the US and start immediately.
- Hands-on, thorough knowledge of high-speed protocols like PCIe, Ethernet, Infiniband, DDR, NVMe, USB, etc.
- Proven front end design expertise – architecture, RTL, simulations, synthesis, timing closure, GLS, DFT etc.
- Full chip or block level ownership from architecture to GDS, driving multiple complex designs to production
- Experience with Cadence and/or Synopsys digital design tools/flows
- Good knowledge of design for test (DFT), stuck-at and transition scan test insertion
- Familiarity with UVM based design verification
- Silicon bring-up and debug expertise
- Small-geometry CMOS (≤28nm) design
- Firmware development with C-language, scripting with Python or other equivalent programming languages.
- Development/support for PCIe or Ethernet Switch products.
We know that creativity and innovation happen more often when teams include diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences, and we actively encourage everyone with relevant experience to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities.