About Assembly OSM
Assembly OSM is a fast-growing, Fifth Wall-backed company on a mission to make urban development more scalable and sustainable. We are a NYC-based modular design builder with decades of experience in real estate development, public-private partnerships, offsite construction, and manufacturing. We are hard at work developing our first two buildings in New York City, and growing the team to allow us to really take Assembly to scale.
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
About the Role
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Purchasing Analyst to join our dynamic Supply Chain team. As a Purchasing Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the successful execution of our projects by managing the procurement process, sourcing materials, and managing the supply of materials and equipment necessary for various assembly activities. Your ability to collaborate with stakeholders, manage priorities, and take initiative will directly impact project timelines, costs, and overall project success.
- Procurement Management: Work closely with our Manufacturing Team to oversee the end-to-end procurement process, including requisition review, vendor selection, order placement, and delivery coordination to meet project timelines.
- Supplier Relationships: Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, conducting negotiations to secure favorable terms, pricing, and contractual agreements.
- Material Sourcing: Identify and evaluate potential suppliers based on quality, reliability, and cost, ensuring materials and equipment meet project specifications.
- Purchase Orders: Generate accurate and timely purchase orders, ensuring all relevant details are included, and track order progress to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Cost Control: Work closely with project managers and budget stakeholders to ensure procurement activities align with project budgets, identifying cost-saving opportunities whenever possible.
- Documentation: Prepare and maintain documentation related to purchase orders, contracts, supplier agreements, and relevant correspondence.
- Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project managers, engineers, and contractors, to ensure alignment on material needs, specifications, and delivery schedules.
Inventory Management: Maintain accurate inventory records, track material usage, and ensure optimal stock levels to prevent shortages or overstock situations.
- Risk Mitigation: Identify and address potential risks related to material availability, cost fluctuations, and supplier reliability, implementing strategies to minimize disruptions.
- Continuous Improvement: Participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance procurement efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and overall project outcomes.
- Experienced with 2-4 years in a procurement or project management role.
- Familiar with basic procurement processes and systems.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and prioritize tasks based on impact to the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent, preferably within the construction industry.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage supplier relationships effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
- Problem-solving aptitude and adaptability to changing project requirements.
Salary Range: $70,000- $85,000
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*