About Assembly OSM
Assembly OSM is a fast-growing, Fifth Wall-backed company on a mission to make urban development more scalable and sustainable. We are a NYC-based modular design builder with decades of experience in real estate development, public-private partnerships, offsite construction, and manufacturing. We are hard at work developing our first two buildings in New York City, and growing the team to allow us to really take Assembly to scale.
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Assembly is seeking an experienced building systems engineer to contribute to both the product design engineering and overall MEP systems engineering of our prefabricated building systems. This work will include collaborating with architects and manufacturing engineers in designing the systems and components that facilitate the assembly of our mid to high rise residential buildings. Successful candidates will demonstrate high levels of curiosity and eagerness to explore creative solutions to technical & logistical problems.
- Develop building systems, both for on-site installation and modular prefabricated building components.
- Coordinate with our consultants in regards to MEP systems design, including but not limited to specifications, single-line schematics, design layouts, calculations, sizing, and code review.
- Identify modular challenges and optimization opportunities, and synthesize innovative solutions.
- Design layouts & details within Revit, Autocad, or CATIA platforms.
- Familiarize yourself with our 3D parametric modeling platform, and work with internal modeling specialists to integrate Revit models into this platform.
- Present research and development on upcoming code changes, new systems, materials, & components.
- Work closely with other System Engineers/Designers, Supply Chain and Manufacturing, and external consultants, suppliers, & fabrication partners to design & deploy building systems that work with our prefabricated products & sub-assemblies.
- Collaborate with our Prototyping Team to build and test various subscale & product prototypes of prefabricated assemblies.
- Execute engineering vision and development in accordance with team goals. Develop a road map for MEP growth, and eventually hire & manage a team of systems engineers/designers.
5- 7 years real-world experience in MEP engineering within the AEC industry required. Additional experience in the Manufacturing industry is a plus.
BSME/ BSEE (or equivalent experience), Master’s and/or P.E. License is a plus.
Experience working with Local and National Building Codes and Industry Standard.
Fabrication and installation knowledge of common MEP systems means & methods, including materials, fittings, hangers, etc., preferred
3D modeling capabilities in Revit. Experience with CATIA or Solidworks is a plus.
Excellent communication skills, ability to thoroughly record, document and deliver in a clear and organized manner.
Desire to work in a collaborative environment.
Compensation Range: $85,000- $110,000/ year
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*