About Assembly OSM
Assembly OSM is a fast-growing, Fifth Wall-backed company on a mission to make urban development more scalable and sustainable. We are a NYC-based modular design builder with decades of experience in real estate development, public-private partnerships, offsite construction, and manufacturing. We are hard at work developing our first two buildings in New York City, and growing the team to allow us to really take Assembly to scale.
Our team has developed billions of dollars of urban real estate including the tallest high-rise modular tower in North America (461 Dean Street), and has led major manufacturing operations at companies like Tesla and General Motors.
The Assembly approach is quite different than the modular solutions that have been deployed in the past. The process is more similar to aerospace manufacturing than construction -- leveraging high fidelity digital twin models and distributed manufacturing to make our business more scalable and resilient.
If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
As an Assembly Assistant Project Manager focusing on project execution from kickoff to completion, you will assist the Project Director from design concept to built reality through our manufacturing inspired project delivery method. This role will expose you to a wide range of management experiences from development management to design management to construction management.
- Assist the Project Director with project set up, project execution, project closeout, financial management and relationship management
- Ensure that proper tools and processes are in place prior to the beginning of a project
- Manage the construction administration process from pre-construction through close-out
- Collaborate and work with clients, owners, subs and Assembly team members
- A collaborator
- A clear and effective communicator
- Process oriented and have a strong ability to deliver on a workstream from start to finish
- Enthusiastic to be a part of a project delivery team
- Flexible when it comes to your role within a startup
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management and/or related field a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in construction management
- Experience with management of budgets, change orders, additional service requests, creating requisitions, etc
- Experience managing small projects or as part of a project team on larger, more complex projects
- Experience with Procore, MS Office Suite or other project management software
- Primavera Cloud knowledge is a plus, but not required
Compensation Range: $80,000 - $100,000/ year
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging. We are proud to be a minority-led firm, equal-opportunity employer, and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*