About Assembly OSM
Assembly is on a mission to make urban growth scalable, sustainable, and inclusive. Novel technology, enabling aerospace levels of precision, allows us to design and deliver high-rise buildings quickly, at less cost, and more efficiently than ever before. Assembly buildings are custom, imaginative, green, and peerless in quality—all while creating market-driven affordability, enabling diverse participation in building delivery, and bringing design excellence to more and more communities. We’re currently a tight-knit group of 30 with plans to scale both our team and impact substantially this year. If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to read more from our leadership team and to apply to join us.
Assembly seeks a highly-motivated mechanical engineer to lead the development of large scale
tooling, fixturing, and automation capital projects. In this role you will work closely with the Systems
Design, Manufacturing Engineering and Production teams to identify tooling opportunities and schemes,
with full responsibility to design, acquire, deploy, and validate the tooling in a high-paced manufacturing
environment. We are looking for a creative engineer with a broad background in mechanical design for
production tooling, and a passion for quality, safety, and productivity.
- Design and implement fixturing and equipment for large steel structures and subassemblies in
support of high quality manufacturing processes.
- Develop tooling and equipment concepts with focus on manufacturability, safety and quality
- Detail tooling, equipment, fixtures, gigs to allow lean manufacturing production of assembly
- Interface with cross functional teams to be up to date on system design changes providing
feedback and alternatives for tooling and equipment.
- Perform test and validation of concepts - SAT / FAT / tooling and eqt concept validation
- Initiate contracts for tooling production.
- Support DFMA, PFMA, DRBFM, DOE that requires technical inputs
- Keep model and drawing organized and up to date.
- Perform Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews on high priority tooling projects in conjunction
with manufacturing and vendors.
- Engage with tooling fabricators to identify optimal manufacturing and integration partners.
- Execute Rough Order Of Magnitude costing for budgetary purposes.
- Support cross functional teams in writing procedures and standards.
- Ensure Assembly process procedures are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrable proficiency in a 3D CAD application such as Solidworks,
Catia ( Catia Preferred.)
- Experience with PLM systems.
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated capability with Geometric Dimensioning and
- Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5.
- 5+ years of experience working in a Mechanical Engineering role with true design deliverables.
- You can communicate clearly, delivering effective presentations in person and via video
- Experience in automotive, aerospace, or automation is preferred.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000 per year
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging, not just the absence of toxicity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
- Summer Fridays
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*