About Assembly OSM
Assembly is on a mission to make urban growth scalable, sustainable, and inclusive. Novel technology, enabling aerospace levels of precision, allows us to design and deliver high-rise buildings quickly, at less cost, and more efficiently than ever before. Assembly buildings are custom, imaginative, green, and peerless in quality—all while creating market-driven affordability, enabling diverse participation in building delivery, and bringing design excellence to more and more communities. We’re currently a tight-knit group of 30 with plans to scale both our team and impact substantially this year. If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to read more from our leadership team and to apply to join us.
About the Role
As a Project Engineer at Assembly, you will develop and integrate the scalable digital workflows required to design and assemble modular prefab buildings. In this role, you will construct and maintain detailed 3D models for use throughout each product’s lifecycle, from design to fabrication and assembly and eventual operation. We’re looking for someone passionate about leveraging technology to achieve more with less and who understands that a high-fidelity digital model is essential for a successful building delivery process.
- Model new modular building components accurately and efficiently in CATIA, to allow stakeholders to extract information with confidence. This includes:
- Contributing to the design and detailing of building products, natively in CATIA
- Developing a working knowledge of one or more advanced CATIA tools, including Product Lifecycle Management, Engineering Templates, and scripting
- Identifying opportunities to optimize or automate workflows
- Transitioning building product lines from one-off study models into true parametric models, native in CATIA
- Identifying and implementing optimization strategies
- Work closely with internal team members including System Designers, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain and external suppliers to communicate issues and identify opportunities for system improvement. This includes:
- Meeting with project teams you’ll be working with closely to understand the status of each System and the existing workflow.
- Identifying and implementing areas for workflow improvement and produce documentation outlining strategies for implementation
- Passionate about leveraging technology to achieve more with less
- Excited and able to learn new software programs, and to use detailed parametric modeling to optimize design workflows
- Detail-oriented and meticulous in your work. You understand that a high-fidelity 3D model is key to seamless communication of ideas and plans
- A tactful, effective communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Experience in Architecture/Engineering/Manufacturing/Construction Management/Industrial Design
- Experience with CATIA, SolidWorks, Rhinoceros + Grasshopper, or other parametric modeling software. Candidates with demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly are also encouraged to apply
- Basic familiarity with scripting, code, and automation
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging, not just the absence of toxicity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
- Summer Fridays
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*