About Assembly OSM
Assembly is on a mission to make urban growth scalable, sustainable, and inclusive. Novel technology, enabling aerospace levels of precision, allows us to design and deliver high-rise buildings quickly, at less cost, and more efficiently than ever before. Assembly buildings are custom, imaginative, green, and peerless in quality—all while creating market-driven affordability, enabling diverse participation in building delivery, and bringing design excellence to more and more communities. We’re currently a tight-knit group of 30 with plans to scale both our team and impact substantially this year. If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to read more from our leadership team and to apply to join us.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Assembly, you will develop and integrate architectural software tools and CAD plugins to support an innovative team of architects, engineers and designers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help define and build the software and CAD plugins of a digital platform that will form an end-to-end solution for the design, operation, and delivery of the built environment. You will be responsible for building tools for internal designers and engineers to enable Assembly to design and develop the next generation of physical systems and products. You will be part of a small but growing team, and will have an important role in helping to establish a creative and diverse software development group.
- Develop and maintain custom software and plugins for CAD software users
- Design beautiful and intuitive interfaces that allow architectural and systems designers to integrate new tools into their design workflow
- Document and maintain long- and short-term roadmaps together with a central log of project issues, and work across project teams to integrate solutions. Manage many inputs into a complex project, while still maintaining clarity and simplicity.
- Coordinate data structure & standards with the digital platform team.
- Create and maintain the infrastructure for a comprehensive suite of tools that integrate across different teams and software
- An experienced software engineer who has worked in the architecture, engineering, and/or construction industry, and is excited to see it changed by leveraging technology.
- Passionate about using software to communicate ideas and solve problems.
- Comfortable working with and giving presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to work collaboratively across many different platforms.
- Motivated to help achieve dramatically greener, more affordable, and higher-quality buildings in cities around the world.
- Familiarity with and experience building plugins for CAD software such as Catia, Revit, or Rhino/Grasshopper
- Experience connecting with REST APIs and integrating 3rd party SDKs/Libraries
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities and and understanding of modern UX/UI design principles
- Strong organizational and visualization skills
- Experience in AEC industry is a plus
- Experience with 3D web development, game engines, or AR/VR is a plus
- Demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through prior work experience. (A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline would be highly relevant, but is not required).
- 5+ years experience.
- Strong interest in solving the climate and housing crises.
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging, not just the absence of toxicity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
- Summer Fridays
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*