About Assembly OSM
Assembly is on a mission to make urban growth scalable, sustainable, and inclusive. Novel technology, enabling aerospace levels of precision, allows us to design and deliver high-rise buildings quickly, at less cost, and more efficiently than ever before. Assembly buildings are custom, imaginative, green, and peerless in quality—all while creating market-driven affordability, enabling diverse participation in building delivery, and bringing design excellence to more and more communities. We’re currently a tight-knit group of 30 with plans to scale both our team and impact substantially this year. If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to read more from our leadership team and to apply to join us.
About the Role
As the first Head of Talent at Assembly, you’ll work hands on to hire mission-critical talent while setting in place infrastructure for us to scale alongside growing business and impact. Leveraging deep expertise in talent acquisition, you’ll coach our team into strategically opening headcount, hiring managers into effective interviewing, and People Operations partners into establishing highly competitive value propositions to employees.
- Develop scalable hiring systems to meet Assembly’s needs across multiple, diverse talent markets—from tech developers to hourly workers in our physical assembly locations.
- Self-actualize solutions. If you haven’t hired in the industrial workforce, you’ll secure the right resources (agency, eg) to round out your experience.
- Partner with leadership and People Operations to build and evolve an authentic employer brand for Assembly that centers compelling, competitive value propositions to employees.
- Design and implement interview processes that result in high-confidence decisions, minimized bias, and a top-tier candidate experience.
- Maintain a thriving talent funnel with competitive velocity, implementing scalable sourcing strategies and lightweight processes.
- Potentially manage a team that operates across our major markets as Assembly scales.
- As we scale up and deliver on our first buildings, have the opportunity to give wide-ranging feedback that helps shape everything from the sales process all the way through to the shop floor.
- A proven talent leader with a track record of building high performing teams during a period of significant investment and company growth.
- Excited by the vision of uniting various work sectors—technology, architecture, physical assembly, etc — under a meaningful and inclusive vision.
- Aware of systemic issues around exclusion and committed to helping to change the tide through your work.
- Experience leading a talent function or directly supporting talent leadership. You’ve seen what works and what doesn’t.
- Interest in—and/or past experience working in—the built environment, urban, proptech, or sustainability industries.
- A keen ability to spot patterns and experiment smartly. As new information arises, you adapt quickly and effectively.
- Experience building systems to assess candidates’ alignment with company values, driving Assembly towards a culture of inclusion, foundational trust, and excellence.
- A practice of turning ambiguity into clarity and aligning various perspectives behind a common strategic vision.
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging, not just the absence of toxicity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
- Summer Fridays
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*