About Assembly OSM
Assembly is on a mission to make urban growth scalable, sustainable, and inclusive. Novel technology, enabling aerospace levels of precision, allows us to design and deliver high-rise buildings quickly, at less cost, and more efficiently than ever before. Assembly buildings are custom, imaginative, green, and peerless in quality—all while creating market-driven affordability, enabling diverse participation in building delivery, and bringing design excellence to more and more communities. We’re currently a tight-knit group of 30 with plans to scale both our team and impact substantially this year. If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to read more from our leadership team and to apply to join us.
About the Role
As Assembly’s Head of Supply Chain, navigating an emerging and fluid market, you will build the strategies and systems that ensure seamless operations from purchasing through delivery. You’ll roll up your sleeves to develop and scale our supplier ecosystem in a way that evolves alongside growing business and impact. You’ll also serve as a strategic partner to company leadership, forging solutions that lead to competitive advantages in price, quality, sustainability, and more.
- Build our supply chain from its current incubation stage. You’ll turn an emergent network of contractors into an ecosystem of suppliers who deliver at scale.
- Position supply chain as a strategic value add within the company, keeping Assembly on its front foot with solutions that drive business value.
- Identify, develop, and nurture strategic supplier relations seeking constant improvements in cost and quality.
- Manage all planning, sourcing, procurement, and quality functions.
- Partner closely with manufacturing and finance to assure supply chain readiness and systematize cost-effective procurement.
- As Assembly scales, potentially grow and lead a team of specialists.
- As we scale up and deliver on our first buildings, have the opportunity to give wide-ranging feedback that helps shape everything from the sales process all the way through to the shop floor.
- A tested expert in end-to-end supply chain leadership. A big plus if you have construction industry experience or have worked in an industry with similar price points and complexity.
- A tactful and effective negotiator, communicator, and collaborator.
- A proven strategic innovator who is ready to build towards a more efficient, exciting, and inclusive future.
- A self-actualizer whose first instinct is to jump in and build clarity for yourself and others.
- Led supply chain strategy in the past or directly supported someone in this kind of role.
- Experience with integrated ERP systems, industry best practices, and lean manufacturing concepts.
- A practice of turning ambiguity into clarity and aligning various perspectives behind a common strategic vision.
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging, not just the absence of toxicity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
- Summer Fridays
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*