Assembly is a global e-commerce software and data platform powering Helium 10, Pacvue, Refersion, PipeCandy, and Influencer Marketing Hub. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Assembly empowers users to make more money, form better decisions, and take better actions through superior products, tools, and community. Assembly serves millions of brands, merchants, and users spanning 125 countries – providing them with the business technology they need to start, scale and thrive.
About the Role:
Example: Reporting to our CFO, Assembly is looking for a proactive, hands-on leader for our Finance team. The VP of FP&A will oversee the long-range plan, annual operating plan, and budget process, and is responsible for implementing financial processes and systems as Assembly continues to grow. The position will influence the future of our company through strategic thinking, business planning, cross-business collaboration, and evolving operational and financial excellence, relying on this person’s proven success in developing robust financial reporting processes, financial controls, and insightful KPI dashboards necessary for a fast-moving leading software/SaaS company. The VP of FP&A has a passion for how the finance function can transform the strategy, accountability, and operations of the Company as a whole, and is extremely analytical, detail-oriented, curious, and thoughtful.
- Ensure effective and robust finance and planning infrastructure: manage the FP&A team as well as the Finance Business Partners that support the business functions.
- Responsible for maintaining the financial planning cadence on a rolling 4-quarter basis.
- Develop integrated and scalable financial systems that provide highly predictable and understandable financial results.
- Ensure timely and accurate budget vs actual analysis and future projections.
- Work with leaders of business groups to ensure forecasts and financial targets will be achieved.
- Responsible for creating KPI and dashboard framework such that all KPIs have definitions and are integrated into the Company's financial model.
- Analyze the company's financial results - profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Build detailed financial modeling processes that are consistent across Company.
- Work closely with internal and external investor relations team
Skills & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of related experience in a fast-paced environment, with increasing levels of responsibility and seniority with most of this experience in the technology industry
- Experience with Software/Saas company with revenues in excess of $100M.
- 3+ years experience leading the finance function in a public company.
- Track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments
- Demonstrated success in consistently producing timely and highly predictable financial models
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong communicator with solid written and oral communication skills, including the ability to discuss complex ideas and resolve difficult issues while partnering with company leaders
- Analytical mindset comfortable with developing new frameworks to aid decision making
- Experience with Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, or other financial planning tools.
- MBA a plus
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Long-term growth opportunities
Assembly is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.