Assembly is a global e-commerce software and data platform powering Helium 10, Pacvue, Refersion, PipeCandy and Influencer Marketing Hub. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Assembly empowers users to make more money, form better decisions, and take better actions through superior products, tools and community. Assembly serves millions of brands, merchants and users spanning 125 countries – providing them with the business technology they need to start, scale and thrive.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about leading data teams and eager to make broad business impact? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment and enjoy transforming data into actionable recommendations? Are you obsessed about eCommerce, data, and tech and are you looking for an opportunity to combine the three? Here’s your opportunity!
We are seeking a seasoned Data Analytics and Analytics Engineering organizational leader who has a clear vision for how data can transform the company strategy. This role requires hands on leadership necessary to grow a team through the start up phase into a mature organization. You’ll run a team comprised of business intelligence analysts, data analysts, and analytics engineers. You’re responsible for scaling the data function in an environment primarily based on cloud-based SaaS systems. You must consider global operations and be able to manage a remote, geographically dispersed team. You’ll ensure the organization always approaches work with the goal of continuous improvement and learning.
The successful candidate is an experienced manager with a passion for inventing and simplifying. You are analytical and possess a passion for working with data and developing insights. You empower data driven decision making through implementing principles of data mining, data modeling, and analytical skills to define and measure metrics for evaluating health of the business. You’re able to communicate your view and get adhesion from your team, develop long term data strategy and share your plans effectively with business stakeholders. This requires excellent business acumen and communication skills as well as the ability to work with business leaders to develop and define key business questions.
You’ll report directly to the VP of Data Product Management and work alongside Data Science
and Data Engineering leaders.
- Drive the scope and effectiveness of the data and analysis function at Assembly
- Ensure the Company’s cloud data is centralized into a single data lake and modeled to support data analysis requirements from all functional groups of the company
- Create a common data framework so that all company data can be analyzed in a unified manner
- Work with the product, operations, and executive management teams to create metrics that establish company health and trajectory
- Create and execute a plan to develop and mature our ability to measure and optimize user growth and retention
- Ensure that all transactional systems can communicate with the data warehouse and production data adheres to a unified data model
- Develop a roadmap for the data and analytics function that defines ownership and responsibility between centralized efforts and functional groups
- Collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and required data is modeled to be available for analysts, scientists, and fellow engineers
- Build a multi-modal service model that meets the needs of the company spanning from self service to ad hoc service
- Work with leadership to guide a holistic vision of the future of data at Assembly and help us plan for any changes in our data strategy or needs
- Work with IT and Finance leadership to create a robust auditable financial reporting system
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a senior leadership position managing an analytics team
- Experience with a high growth company
- Hands on experience with Python, SQL, and relational databases. Experience with Snowflake and dbt is a plus
- Have previously led a corporate data platform project
- Experience with open-source data & analytics tools
- Experience working with multiple executive level business stakeholders
- Must have experience with analytics and data visualization tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Share and work in accordance with our values
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Long-term growth opportunities
Assembly is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.