Assembly is a global e-commerce software and data platform powering Helium 10, Pacvue, Refersion, and PipeCandy. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Assembly empowers users to make more money, form better decisions, and take better actions through superior products, tools and community. Assembly serves millions of brands, merchants and users spanning 125 countries – providing them with the business technology they need to start, scale and thrive.
About the Role:
Assembly is looking to add a Technical Support Engineer to the nascent Information Security and IT team. This role will report to the Senior Manager, IT and will work across all Assembly brands to support a comprehensive and unified IT experience. You will have an enterprise-wide impact as you work with users across our brands to manage the projects needed to keep our teams running smoothly.
- Supporting a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of IT Operations activities.
- Provide technical assistance (via ticket system or in person) and support for incoming help desk queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Support enterprise applications across the Assembly brands (Okta, Slack Enterprise, GSuite, M365, Atlassian Suite, GitHub, etc)
- Walk end users through the problem-solving process in a friendly, helpful, and positive way and follow up to ensure the issue has been resolved
- Work cross-functionally to aid in successful office experience changes such as hardware and software installations, maintenance, and network troubleshooting
- Support users in a remote environment
- Troubleshoot printing and wireless connectivity
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with one or more of the following: Google GSuite, JAMF Pro, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Slack, Zoom
- MacOS & Windows 10/11 experience troubleshooting required;
- Ability to complete assigned tasks on a routine basis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, requests and responsibilities and prioritize appropriately
- Ability and desire to learn new hardware and software and put in the work to do so quickly
- Experience supporting Macs in a professional environment
- Knowledge of OS installation, configuration, management, and patching
- Coursework in IT or a related field or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work independently
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Competitive benefits package covering health, dental, and vision
- Long-term growth opportunities
Assembly is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.