Location: Los Angeles
Reports to: Lead Software Engineer
Assembled Brands is seeking an Engineer with a full stack skill set to join our team. As an integral member of the technology team, you will leverage your software development experience to drive automation and innovation at Assembled Brands. You will be responsible for delivering features throughout the codebase while writing mostly Kotlin with some Node.js/React. This is a greenfield opportunity to help build out a technical infrastructure from an early stage.
About the Company
Assembled Brands provides working capital to emerging consumer brands that are demonstrating traction in the marketplace. We are reinventing venture financing through technology, and we want you to help us get there!
As founders, we know the passion, creativity, and commitment it takes to give life to a brand. As operators, we know the key metrics that drive business success. As investors, we combine credit and equity across all stages of growth with flexible terms and capital from our own balance sheet. Join our team in creating the best technology in venture.
We’re working on a cloud-hosted Spring app in Kotlin with a Postgres database. We’re big advocates of code craftsmanship and focus on idiomatic code using best practices such as a test-first approach, lightweight code reviews. We use CI/CD to deploy frequently and work closely with Product Management in a lean/agile process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management to plan, specify, and estimate new features and enhancements.
- Implement, test, and deploy features throughout our stack.
- Write tests to validate those features.
- Connect to various APIs to automate and collect data.
- Design and implement APIs to expose our own data.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a mix of languages including Java, Kotlin, or Scala.
- 4+ years experience with Spring/Spring Boot.
- 1+ years in Node/ES6+.
- 1+ years React.
- You’ve led requirements gathering, architecture, design, and planning for major subsystems of a web application.
- You’re comfortable with giving and receiving feedback in code reviews.
- You’re great with Git.
- You’ve shipped many features to production in a test-first, CI/CD, cloud environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Heroku.
- Comfortable with devops: CI/CD, Docker, security
- Experience with ORM on the JVM.
- Experience with functional programming languages
- Docker or kubernetes.