About the Company
Assembled Brands provides working capital to emerging consumer brands that are
demonstrating traction in the marketplace. We are reinventing venture financing through
technology, and we want you to help us get there!
As founders, we know the passion, creativity, and commitment it takes to give life to a brand.
As operators, we know the key metrics that drive business success. As investors, we combine
credit and equity across all stages of growth with flexible terms and capital from our own
balance sheet. Join our team in creating the best technology in venture.
We’re in the early stages of building a cloud-hosted Spring app in Kotlin with a Postgres database. This is a greenfield opportunity to design and implement a new application free from the constraints of technical debt. We’re big advocates of code craftsmanship and focus on writing idiomatic code using best practices such as a layered test-first approach. We use CI/CD to deploy frequently and work closely with Product Management in a lean/agile process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with product management to build rich, intuitive user experiences
- Keep our product up to date with the latest technologies
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Integrate third party data sources
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- 4+ years of programming experience in Java, Scala, Go, Ruby, Python or other OOP
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, web application development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable and dependable code
- Experience integrating disparate 3rd party data sources into a data warehouse
- Real-time data streaming experience, such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Experience beyond traditional RDBMS such as columnar datastores, Elastic stack, NoSQL, or Big Data environments
- Health, dental, and vision
- Unlimited vacation & paid time off
- Flexible WFH two days per week
- Profit sharing
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace