Organization: Assembled Brands
Location: Los Angeles
Reports to: Lead Software Engineer
Assembled Brands is seeking an Engineer with a focus in data to join our team. As an integral
member of the technology team, you will leverage your software development experience
combined with your expertise in data to drive automation and innovation at Assembled Brands.
You will be responsible for delivering features throughout the codebase while acting as the SME
regarding our data model. This is a greenfield opportunity to design and implement a data
architecture to support our business analytics and customer reporting, free from the
constraints of technical debt.
About the Company
Assembled Brands provides working capital to emerging consumer brands that are
demonstrating traction in the marketplace. We are reinventing venture financing through
technology, and we want you to help us get there!
As founders, we know the passion, creativity, and commitment it takes to give life to a brand.
As operators, we know the key metrics that drive business success. As investors, we combine
credit and equity across all stages of growth with flexible terms and capital from our own
balance sheet. Join our team in creating the best technology in venture.
We’re working on a cloud-hosted Spring app in Kotlin with a Postgres database. We’re big
advocates of code craftsmanship and focus on writing idiomatic code using best practices such
as a layered test-first approach. We use CI/CD to deploy frequently and work closely with
Product Management in a lean/agile process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management to plan, specify and estimate new features and enhancements
- Implement, test and deploy features throughout our stack, not just the data pipeline
- Write tests to validate those features
- Act as a team resource regarding data architecture, design and modeling
- Design and implement scalable data pipelines integrating multiple third party data sources
- Work with team to understand use cases and requirements for our data
- Facilitate the implementation of 3rd party BI tools such as Looker
- 7+ years of software development experience in a mix of languages including Java, Kotlin or Scala
- 4+ years experience in a data oriented development role
- You’ve led requirements gathering, architecture, design and planning for major subsystems of a web application.
- You’ve shipped many features to production in a test-first, CI/CD, cloud environment
- Experience with building data models from scratch, schema design, and SQL tuning
- Experience building data pipelines and data warehouses
- Experience integrating disparate 3rd party data sources into a data warehouse
- Real-time data streaming experience, such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Experience beyond traditional RDBMS such as columnar datastores, Elastic stack, NoSQL, or Big Data environments