Organization: Assembled Brands
Reports to: Managing Director
Assembled Brands is seeking an Associate Credit Underwriter to join our team. The Credit Underwriter will conduct detailed research on the financial history of businesses and individuals to determine creditworthiness. They will review and verify income statements, tax returns and other financial documents to develop a borrower's profile and arrive at a credit recommendation. The Credit Underwriter will work closely with the team and its existing originators to verify the creditworthiness of potential loans. The Credit Underwriter will also also propose revisions to existing credit lines and/or rates for portfolio companies while working closely with the Director of Finance and existing monitoring tools.
About the Company
Assembled Brands provides working capital to emerging consumer brands that are demonstrating traction in the marketplace.
As founders, we know the passion, creativity, and commitment it takes to give life to a brand. As operators, we know the key metrics that drive business success. As investors, we combine credit and equity across all stages of growth with flexible terms and capital from our own balance sheet.
Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the credit worthiness of prospective businesses in accordance with Assembled Brands Eligibility Criteria
- Identify gaps in a credit while reviewing financial and background information for businesses and effectively communicate to the Assembled Brands team issues with moving forward with a credit
- Demonstrate excellent due diligence and attention to detail when processing deals by placing emphasis on response time
- Obtain and review financials to make a credit decision and also participate in the due diligence process to identify those additional materials needed to help make a sound credit decision.
- Capture detailed notes to support decisions within the credit decision process when assessing new credits
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in organizing work and completing the underwriting process as quickly and efficiently as possible
- A willingness but not a need to help with new business recruitment given the need for our evolving business to continue to source and grow our network of borrowers
- 1+ years in commercial underwriting preferably asset backed lending
- Experience with financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis and financial ratios; able to review and understand complex financial documents