Assembled is building software to transform and elevate customer support teams, which often represent 20-50% of the people at a company. Our workforce management platform helps some of the fastest-growing, most innovative companies in the world—including Stripe, Zoom, and Robinhood—to schedule, forecast, and organize their support teams. We’ve raised $70m in funding from the likes of NEA, Emergence Capital, and Stripe itself. You’ll be joining a special group of people who learned the ropes at companies like Stripe, Google, Palantir, Atlassian, Twitter, Airbnb, Looker, NEA, Bain, and more.
Our New Products Team is building a new AI-based product to help support agents become more efficient. The team acts as a “startup within a startup” and consists of 2 dedicated engineers, 1 business generalist, and is led by our CTO John Wang. We’re looking to add a Frontend engineer who’s been an early hire before and thrives in ambiguity.
The scope of this role is broad, as would be your impact on the product. While this is an engineering position, you’d also be required to lean into your user research and product management skills, working directly with customers and influencing our roadmap. Below are highlights of what this person will work on:
- Pioneer new features: Build exceptional features that customers rave about, closely following principles that lead to startup success.
- Deeply embed with users: Work directly with our users to understand how they’re using our new product and use this knowledge to influence our roadmap.
- Wear many hats: Whether coding, talking to users, planning, brainstorming, interviewing teammates, or collaborating with various teams, be ready to embrace diverse challenges.
- Influence the product roadmap: Collaborate with the rest of the team to shape and execute the product strategy. Your insights and expertise will be key in identifying opportunities and setting the direction that aligns with our team’s vision.
- Shape the Culture: Foster a startup mindset within the team, characterized by optimism, product obsession, and a bias toward action.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering as an individual contributor.
- Proficient with frontend frameworks and languages, specifically React, Typescript, and CSS.
- Experience being one of the first employees at a startup (ideally at 20 or fewer people), and the desire to do it again.
- Have built a product from the ground up and maintained it through scale.
- Quick to act, adapt, and find solutions, often with less data or certainty.
- Excited to work directly with customers.
The estimated base salary range for this role is $125,000 - $225,000 per year. The base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options are provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Our U.S. benefits
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid company holidays, sick time, and unlimited time off
- Monthly credits to spend on each: professional development, general wellness, Assembled customers, commuting and community-support agriculture (CSA)
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work model with catered lunches everyday (M-F), snacks, and beverages in our SF & NY offices
- 401(k) plan enrollment