We see a future where compensation decisions are fair and equitable, consistent with your policies and beliefs, competitive with the market, and easy to explain. We started Assemble to make that vision a reality.
Assemble is a compensation management platform for forward-thinking organizations. We help companies make systematic compensation decisions to attract, motivate, and retain employees while eliminating inequitable pay.
We have unlimited potential. Assemble was founded by experienced co-founders with strong founder-market fit; we're mission driven and riding strong societal and regulatory tailwinds. We have a strong product and huge fandom across our customer base.
We are ready to hire our first marketing leader to build the marketing function and team. You’ll start as a team of one, but grow the marketing team and function over time. You have the ability to set strategy AND execute, since we're just building the function. You’ll help us continue to develop and refine our brand and story, drive growth throughout the funnel, and own marketing strategy. You’ll report directly to our Co-Founder, Lisa Wallace, and work closely with both Co-Founders and various teams including: sales (2 people), post-sales (2 people), design (2 people), and product.
- Marketing strategy: Set goals, plan, and prioritize across all areas of marketing.
- Cross-functional leader: Collaborate on strategy across the company on the executive team, provide the marketing perspective, and serve as a liaison between product and GTM functions.
- Ability to build out the marketing function: We do not have all of our tools, processes, and workflows built out yet. You’ll build the needed foundation to set us up to scale.
- Manage marketing budget strategically, with a focus on ROI: Identify how to invest in marketing, so we drive both efficiency and growth.
- Marketing team management & hiring: Plan for future hiring, and hire marketers that are passionate about driving growth and telling our story when we’re ready.
- Product Marketing: Help us become the clear category leader by gaining a deep understanding of our audience, developing our positioning and messaging, communicating about the product and its benefits to our audience, and creating sales and customer success enablement materials.
- Demand Gen & Growth Marketing: Accelerate growth. Launch, track, and optimize programs and campaigns across multiple channels to move prospects and customers down the funnel and drive revenue.
- Content Marketing: Own the content calendar and tell our story in order to engage prospects, customers, candidates, and partners.
- Brand: Collaborate on the company story and vision with the founding team and make sure our communications add value to our audience and maintain a high quality bar. Communicate our story with press, partners, prospects, customers, and candidates.
- Partnerships & Customer Marketing: Develop relationships with partners and customers to build brand awareness, educate them on the problems we’re addressing, and equip them to promote and understand our solution.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, including at SaaS companies selling to enterprise companies
- You’re a marketing generalist, who most likely spikes in product marketing, but is proficient across all of marketing–including content marketing and demand generation.
- You have experience hiring marketers and managing them effectively.
- You have experience hiring and managing multiple contractors simultaneously and effectively.
- You have a high quality bar. You've developed marketing strategies and tactics that not only hit revenue goals, but help us build a recognizable brand that stands for something.
- You can write–and are comfortable writing copy and content for Assemble right away.
- You have a scrappiness and experimentation mindset. You're comfortable rolling up your sleeves, since we are still an early stage company and you’ll be the first person in marketing.
- You know how to balance short-term goals and long-term goals—and know what to test, what to scale, and when to take big bets.
- You have recommendations for tools, contractors, etc. to build out the foundation of a marketing team that can scale effectively.
- You’re motivated by our story–to make compensation fair and equitable.
- Preferred Locations:
- Miami, NYC, San Francisco, or Seattle
- Compensation and Leveling:
- We are open to a range of seniority levels, from Senior Marketing Manager to Vice President of Marketing. Final role, level, and title will be based on candidate experience.
- Cash: $140,000-$225,000
- Equity: 0.1-1.0%
- Strong health benefits package
- 401(k) program
- WFH productivity stipend
- $300/mo. company meals
- Rotating company offsites (likely require traveling)
- We’d love to talk if you’re:
- Inspired by our mission and deeply committed to pay equity and DE&I.
- Inspired by the opportunity to build trusted partnerships with early customers.
- Bonus points for having:
- Prior experience working in HR tech.
- Interest in becoming an expert about compensation and total rewards best practices—and communicating that knowledge to our audience.