AspireIQ is the leading influencer marketing and content creation platform for brands.
The AspireIQ platform makes it possible for today’s brands to build communities of influencers, ambassadors, customers, and fans to drive word of mouth marketing and create amazing content at scale. AspireIQ is trusted by hundreds of thousands of influencers and content creators as well as more than 400 leading consumer brands, including Samsung, HelloFresh, Purple, and Dyson!
We’re growing across the board and we're looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our Operations team! With a strong focus on growth and personal development, AspireIQ is the perfect place to develop your skills in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment. We’ve built a collaborative and supportive culture that espouses ownership and empathy, which has led AspireIQ to be named one of the “Bay Area's Best Places To Work” by The SF Business Times.
AspireIQ is looking for an in-house senior corporate counsel to join our rapidly growing team. This person will be the first legal hire at AspireIQ and will be responsible for creating, managing, and maintaining the company’s legal processes and procedures. This position will work closely with our entire leadership team and our outside counsel.
What you'll be working on
- Set the strategy and vision for the legal function at AspireIQ and be an internal legal expert for our leadership and go-to-market teams.
- Draft and negotiate agreements and documentation for sales and revenue transactions, primarily software-as-a-service (SaaS) license and services agreements.
- Develop and implement processes to support all contracting and legal processes, including: creation of template agreements and playbooks; managing existing contracts; drafting and managing employment-related documents; and revising terms of service and policies as needed.
- Act as an internal service provider and first point of contact for legal issues we face in our business.
- Develop internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide support on executive-level legal analysis to keep the leadership team informed on an ongoing basis of legal risks and mitigation activities.
- Prepare and deliver training materials to internal client audiences.
- Support the Company’s fundraising efforts in conjunction with outside counsel; be the main point of contact for legal due diligence.
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years combined legal experience, including 3+ years experience with complex commercial agreements at a high-growth technology company. Experience with software-as-a-service (SaaS) a plus.
- Experience efficiently and effectively negotiating with customers, partners, and vendors in a positive and timely manner.
- A strong understanding of global data privacy laws and principles, including FTC influencer marketing guidelines, the GDPR, and the CCPA.
- Juris Doctorate from accredited United States university and active bar membership in at least one US state.
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual curiosity, and adeptness at balancing risk and opportunity.
- Eagerness to work independently and balance multiple projects, while also possessing strong interpersonal skills to drive clear, concise, and effective communication at all levels of the organization.
Benefits & perks
- Work-life balance
- Flexible work from home policy
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Work from home & wellness reimbursement ($60/month)
- Annual education credit of $2500
- Mentorship program
- Visibility into operations across the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance + 401(k) (where applicable)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.