Aspire is the leading all-in-one finance operating system for growing businesses in South-East Asia. We are on a mission to reinvent business finance for a new generation of entrepreneurs and business owners, empowering startups to realise their full potential.
Founded in 2018 by former Lazada founders and executives, Aspire has raised over USD 200M+ across equity and debt from world-class investors. To power our solutions we have partnered with some of the best companies in the world such as Visa and Wise.
In 2020 we were awarded Hottest Startup by Singapore Business Review and Finalist MAS Fintech Awards, and in 2021 were named in LinkedIn’s Top 5 Startups to work for in Singapore.
You will be amazed by the energy and experience of our team. We are a team of ex-entrepreneurs, ex-founders, and high-achievers with international backgrounds. We team up to reach the highest standards in what we do, and don’t take NO for an answer.
We are expanding rapidly. Are you a top talent? Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? Join us and make an impact in the fintech space.
About the role
At Aspire, we pride ourselves on building an amazing team. We require a Strategy & Planning Analyst to join our very talented lineup, as we continue to build up the S&P function.
Reporting to the Strategy & Planning Manager, you will be part of the Finance team where you are tasked to help in the strategic planning and performance management of the Group through insightful interpretation of dashboards, effective use of the firm's capital and the successful execution of our strategy. The role will be highly involved in financial analysis deep-dive and tracking key business metrics. You will also support our investor reporting and fund raising activities.
What you will be doing
- Strategic Planning: Plan and update our key financial models, which includes partnering with cross functional teams to determine corresponding goals and targets
- Fundraising processes: Support the fund-raising activities, including the preparation of our investor deck and data room materials (cash flow forecasting, scenario planning, cohort analysis and pricing models)
- Investor Reporting: Support the preparation of timely and accurate reporting to senior management and investors, which includes the preparation of board slide decks and various investor reports.
- Industry & Competition: Partner with cross-functional teams to provide competitive research and insights; drive our competitive strategy
- Governance & Performance Management: Partner closely with business leaders for KPI oversight and decision making, as well as discover bottlenecks and enhance business growth
- Analytics and Insights: Partner with Business Intelligence and other teams to build a deep understanding of our business and generate strategic insights and action plans that drive growth in both the core business as well as new verticals.
- Special Projects: Lead task forces and own project management of high impact, high priority special project
What you will need
- To be based in Singapore
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other quantitative disciplines
- 1 - 4 years of experience in finance, strategy, consulting or similar analytical roles
- Strong interest in fintech, tech and startups
- Skilled with financial statements and strong financial modeling skills
- Growth mindset to be a team player, focusing on joint results and goals
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Strong commercial and operational acumen, as well as critical problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with financial statements and strong financial modelling skills
- Highly analytical mindset with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial with an automation mindset
Please note: by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Aspire’s Data Protection Policy for Employees, Freelancers, Contractors and Job Applicants (the “Policy”), and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Aspire for the purposes set out in the Policy. You may withdraw consent for such collection, use and disclosure, and make an access or correction request in respect of your personal data, in accordance with the Policy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.