Ask Media Group is looking for an experienced development leader with strong technical problem-solving skills, business acumen, and a deep understanding of Search Marketing to join our SEM marketing technology team. You will provide leadership and vision to the team and work closely with the SEM Marketing organization to deliver new features, reduce technical debt and maintain our existing infrastructure. You’ll be a hands-on leader, contributing both through your leadership of the team as well as through contributing to projects.
What You'll Do:
- Create the SEM marketing technology strategy. Guide the overall application design and scaling of our technology stack.
- Lead and manage a team of developers, including both onshore and offshore resources, and drive the execution of front-end projects and backend integrations. Oversee projects through all phases including prioritization, scoping, development, QA, UAT and deployment.
- Allocate team resources to meet objectives. Make decisions about who is best equipped to solve problems and delegate projects accordingly.
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices (e.g., code review, automated tools, user acceptance testing, technical design and documentation).
- Mentor junior team members. Help team members become more proficient in their technical skills as well as their understanding of Ask Media Group’s SEM business.
- Create culture of transparency through cross team collaboration.
- Evaluate new technologies when appropriate and develop buy vs build cases to inform new development and platform upgrades.
- Lead team through issue resolution with efficient root cause analysis and prioritize immediate corrective actions and longer-term solutions.
- Proactively anticipate technical risks, implement system with fault-tolerant capabilities and ensure system stability and security.
What You Bring to Us:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience developing scalable web applications with proven track record of leading teams and building marketing technology platforms
- Experience with data stores containing tens to hundreds of millions of rows of data
- Strong knowledge of wide range of open source technologies
- Ability to design, architect and implement resilient, software/mar-tech platforms using microservices architecture
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills (e.g., coordinating, building consensus, influencing without authority, listening, being open to other perspectives)
- Passion for hands-on coding as well as understanding the business drivers that underlie technology decisions
- Ability to execute in agile environments and juggling between competing priorities within a performance-driven culture
- Enjoys mentoring engineers and providing guidance in technical directions throughout various subsystems
- Experience leading scrum teams and utilizing scrum including sprint planning, backlog grooming and running team meetings.
- Proficiency with Java, RDBMS, Python and Linux (nice-to-have: Python, Go, NodeJS, ReactJS, Docker, Kafka, MySQL, GraphQL and any JVM-based language such as Kotlin)
- Strong oral and written communication
A company’s culture is always a work-in-progress. Ours is founded upon a professional atmosphere where people are passionate about learning and doing our best. Sometimes we fail, but we learn from these failures. All the while, we believe that maintaining work-life balance and having fun is the key to our success.
Why Work for Us
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: flexible vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch, in-house massage chair, and more. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
This role accepts applications for work in all U.S. states except Colorado.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.