Headquartered in Oakland’s vibrant tech scene, Ask Media Group is an IAC operating company focused on building unique digital experiences in a variety of search, content, and ecommerce categories. Across all the dozens of Ask Media Group properties, we reach over 100 million unique users per month around the globe.
About the role
We are looking for curious and enthusiastic engineers who love scripting automation (a development background is strongly preferred). You’ll join a team of experienced engineers who are responsible for public cloud infrastructure, implementing DevSecOps governance, and developing solutions for the challenges that arise in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-cloud environment using a mix of open source and SaaS offerings.
- You are intellectually curious - you are ready to learn and apply new technologies
- You are solutions oriented - you like to understand the underlying problem
- You are able to recognize patterns - you are able to redefine the problem statement
- You are a self-starter - you make things happen, and you take ownership of tasks and projects
- You are flexible - you switch context when needed, but don’t lose sight of the original objective
- You are pragmatic - you choose simplicity over complexity
- You like to think incrementally - you deliver big projects in smaller increments
- You are a team player - you are able to collaborate on projects and value others’ contributions
- 2+ years experience managing services in an enterprise public cloud environment (AWS/GCP preferred)
- Prior experience with logging or monitoring services or infrastructure.
- Experience in DevSecOps and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to drive technical innovation in operations via automation.
- Docker/Kubernetes experience preferred
- You like to tackle projects where data from various intake sources needs to be massaged, manipulated, and delivered via automation for remediation
- SSO/IDP configuration experience a plus
What makes Ask Media Group special?
- Paid Parental Leave : We provide 16 weeks paid maternity and 4 weeks paid paternity, along with a flexible work schedule as you return to the office.
- Amazing benefits! We offer every employee Medical/Dental/Vision/Pet Insurance, 401k matching, commuter subsidies (BART, Caltrain), tuition reimbursement and discounts for wireless, gym, travel and more
- As an organization we value transparency, collaboration, learning culture, and collegiality
- We are a pretty flat organization and operate like a startup.
- Unlimited vacation (and we actually take it!)
- We have excellent (free) snacks/drinks/coffee, the occasional catered lunch, and our office arcade has beer/kombucha on tap!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.