Headquartered in Oakland’s vibrant tech scene, Ask Media Group is an IAC operating company focused on building unique digital experiences in a variety of search, content, and ecommerce categories. Across all the dozens of Ask Media Group properties, we reach over 100 million unique users per month around the globe.
About the role
The Information Security Specialist is responsible for the primary security functions of design, oversight, and ongoing management of the information security program including policies, procedures, technical systems and workforce security training and awareness in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data within the enterprise information systems. In addition to oversight and coordination of information security efforts, your role will provide hands-on expertise in responding to security incidents, implementing tools, monitoring threats, etc.
- You are fanatic about information security - you are a defense-minded engineer
- You are solutions oriented - you like to understand the underlying problem
- You are able to recognize patterns - you are able to redefine the problem statement
- You are flexible in perspective - you can drill down to details as well as pull back and see the forest for the trees
- You are pragmatic - you choose simplicity over complexity
- You like to think incrementally - you deliver big projects in smaller increments
- You are a team player - you are able to collaborate on projects and value others contributions
- 2+ years of hands on experience in evaluating, configuring and managing Threat Management systems for on-prem/office/cloud environments
- Scripting/programming skills such as shell scripting, Python, Perl.
- Demonstrated skill or experience in building automation solutions around information security threat lifecycle management
- Systems operation and administration experience with Linux and/or containers
- Subject Matter Expertise in at least 2 of the following areas, with the capability to acquire expertise in all: Identity Management, Data Security, Network Security Monitoring, Web Application Security, Vulnerability Detection and Management, Threat Modeling and Security Controls, Data Security/Privacy Practices
- Experience with container scanning solutions, utilizing CI/CD pipeline orchestration
- Broad experience with public cloud infrastructure and related security best practices
- Working with various corporate security systems
- Work with IT End User Support staff in analyzing security-related events to assist with escalation decisions.
What makes Ask Media Group special?
- Paid Parental Leave : We provide 16 weeks paid maternity and 4 weeks paid paternity, along with a flexible work schedule as you return to the office.
- Amazing benefits! We offer every employee Medical/Dental/Vision/Pet Insurance, 401k matching, commuter subsidies (BART, Caltrain), tuition reimbursement and discounts for wireless, gym, travel and more
- As an organization we value transparency, collaboration, learning culture, and collegiality
- We are a pretty flat organization and operate like a startup.
- Unlimited vacation (and we actually take it!)
- We have excellent (free) snacks/drinks/coffee, the occasional catered lunch, and our office arcade has beer/kombucha on tap!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.