Location: *Just a 25 minute train ride from Grand Central to Yonkers, NY
A division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), Ask Applications is one of the world’s largest distributors of desktop applications, browser extensions, and PC optimization software. Our mission is simple: build cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our extensive portfolio includes hundreds of lifestyle, entertainment, and utility apps such as FromDoctoPDF and MapsGalaxy, that serve more than 120 million monthly active users worldwide.
Ask Applications and Mosaic Group are seeking a seasoned IT Systems Engineer with experience as both a technical engineer and architect of management services who is committed to orchestrating technological solutions across our diverse and global ecosystem. You will be joining a seasoned team of Desktop and Windows Systems engineers and collaborating with other IT Infrastructure engineers from Networking and DevOps.
What We Will Ask Of You
An IT Systems Engineer’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Debugging/reverse engineering complex processes in order to simplify or replace them
- Designing scalable architecture that is quickly and easily deployed/monitored
- Working as a peer with other infrastructure teams to make meaningful contributions within our ecosystem that will positively impact our users
- Participating in M&A integration, onboarding and merging newly acquired companies with our existing solutions
- Supporting/contributing to our operational vertical as a subject matter expert within certain areas
- Contributing to security and compliance policies
What You Will Bring
In addition to tangible experience with the technology (or equivalent) mentioned above, you have experience with:
- Excellent planning, documentation, and communication skills
- Tenacious problem solving. Understanding how to troubleshoot effectively
- Strong experience with public cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc)
- Understanding of virtualization infrastructure (VMWare, XenServer, etc) and storage technologies
- And understanding of Infrastructure-As-Code, with a background in configuration management tools like Chef, Salt, Puppet, or Ansible, as well as Terraform
- Strong scripting/programming experience with one or more of the following: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, PowerShell
- Experience with Exchange On-Premise and O365
- Experience with Identity and Access Management services like Active Directory and OKTA
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response; Cylance, Carbon Black, full disk encryption security services.
- Understanding of networking concepts including load balancers, routers, and switches, as well as TCP/IP protocols and services (DNS,NTP,DHCP,Sendmail,etc)
- Being security-aware and helping those around you to be more vigilant
- Asking questions and voicing your opinion without fear
These aren’t required but would separate you from the pack.
- Agnostic desktop/mobile OS experience
- You can discuss code you've published on github
- Experience with Google Enterprise for Business including Vault, GCDS, GAM
- Software Package management and delivery
- MDM configuration
- You read or speak Russian
Why Ask Applications?
- A fun working environment with a lot of perks including but not limited to:
- Unlimited PTO!
- Free Parking!
- Company Contribution towards Commuter Benefits!
- Fully stocked kitchen!
- Fitness, yoga, and massages!
- Environment where you can mentor and learn from others.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is Ask Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LESnUOvl8c