Location: NYC or Yonkers, NY!
A division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), Ask Applications is one of the world’s largest distributors of desktop applications, browser extensions, and PC optimization software. Our mission is simple: build cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our extensive portfolio includes hundreds of lifestyle, entertainment, and utility apps such as FromDoctoPDF and MapsGalaxy, that serve more than 120 million monthly active users worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform & Services group. This group is a key driver of revenue growth for the company. This group is dedicated to building innovative solutions that enhance the ability to scale the development, delivery and life-cycle management of our ever growing list of rich and interactive products. We are on an exciting mission with challenges such as re-imagining certain long-serving architectures to optimize product management and performance with scale, leveraging leading-edge technologies and architecting cloud-native applications and services on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
This is a high impact role that will allow you to build platforms that touch 100+ million users. We know you will move quickly, collaborate effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. If you find speed, reliability, scalability, architecture and design exciting, you’ll be a great fit with the team. In this highly visible role, you will work with a talented group of people including Product, Marketing, and of course other amazing developers. We are a tech company, we understand tech, bring your tech and let’s do this!
How You Will Help
- Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
- Drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch, including architecture, design, backend server tech, and databases in Agile environment
- Produce pragmatic and optimally designed technical solutions to complex problem sets leveraging leading-edge technologies
- Actively collaborate, and share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Coach junior team members and help build their technical profile
- Build some cool stuff, learn new things, have fun!
What We Need
- Fast learner who takes pride in their work and is passionate about software engineering and technology in general
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement
- Solid understanding of Accessibility and Web standards
- Experience with both Responsive and Adaptive Web Design
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, yarn, etc, and building with modern pipelines and tools.
- Experience with one or more JVM based languages or functional languages with emphasis on best practices
- Experience with databases - SQL/NoSQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Comfortable with *nix tools and scripting
- Bachelor's degree (CS or EE preferred) or equivalent qualified experience, as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
Things We Also Love
- Experience with Typescript, React, Redux, Rx and the like is a plus
- Ability to navigate comfortably and work in GCP environment is a plus
- Familiarity with products including Apache, Tomcat, Redis, HazelCast, Cassandra.
- GitHub, Stack Overflow, OSS contributions are wonderful
- Willingness to learn the above!
Why Ask Applications?
- A fun working environment with a lot of perks including but not limited to:
- Unlimited PTO!
- Free Parking!
- Company Contribution towards Commuter Benefits!
- Fully stocked kitchen!
- Fitness, yoga, and massages!
- Environment where you can mentor and learn from other engineers and build on good software practices.
- An inhouse of high caliber engineers.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is Ask Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LESnUOvl8c