Location: *Just a 25 minute train ride from Grand Central to Yonkers, NY
A division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), Ask Applications is one of the world’s largest distributors of desktop applications, browser extensions, and PC optimization software. Our mission is simple: build cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our extensive portfolio includes hundreds of lifestyle, entertainment, and utility apps such as FromDoctoPDF and MapsGalaxy, that serve more than 120 million monthly active users worldwide.
Ask Applications and The Mosaic Group are seeking a seasoned macOS/Windows Engineer with experience as both a technical engineer and architect of endpoint management services who is committed to orchestrating endpoint compliance across our diverse and global endpoint ecosystem. You will be joining a seasoned team of Desktop and Windows Systems engineers and collaborating with other IT Infrastructure engineers from Networking, DevOps, and Systems.
What We Will Ask Of You
A Client Platform Engineer’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Architect and deliver endpoint automation.
- Create an “Out-of-Box” experience for endpoint delivery and distribution.
- Contribute to security and compliance policies.
- Ensure that our assets adhere to corporate security and compliance policies.
- Make meaningful contributions to the ongoing planning and support of other technologies within our ecosystem.
What You Will Bring
In addition to tangible experience with the technology (or equivalent) mentioned above, you have experience with:
- Endpoint security services.
- Identity and Access Management services like LDAP and MFA.
- Cloud services providers.
- MDM configuration.
- Agnostic desktop/mobile OS experience.
- Package management and delivery.
- Managing a project from conceptualization and design through to implementation and completion.
- Documenting that project, promoting that project, and educating users about that project.
- Tenacious problem solving. Understanding how to troubleshoot effectively, how to rule out factors like a network ACL using core networking fundamentals, or where to look for logs to gather more information.
- Being security-aware and helping those around you to be more vigilant.
- Asking questions and voicing your opinion without fear.
These aren’t required but would separate you from the pack.
- You have an interest or background in configuration management tools like Chef, Salt. Puppet. or Ansible.
- You have experience with open source projects like Munki, NoMAD, or Reposado.
- You can discuss code you've published on github.
- You read or speak Russian.
Why Ask Applications?
- A fun working environment with a lot of perks including but not limited to:
- Unlimited PTO!
- Free Parking!
- Company Contribution towards Commuter Benefits!
- Fully stocked kitchen!
- Fitness, yoga, and massages!
- Environment where you can mentor and learn from others.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is Ask Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LESnUOvl8c