Your talent, our future. Excellence Connected
Are you a results-driven individual with a strong business acumen? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
At Ashfield MedComms, our people live and breathe our values and are committed to excellence. Our people are the key to our success, powering consistent growth year on year. As such, connecting with new talent to join our team is fundamental to driving our business forwards. This is the place to grow your career.
So, what’s the job?
As Business Development Director, you will be a key part of the agency’s Business Development efforts. You will identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective clients while contributing to business strategies and organizational goals. You will understand the needs of the client in order to debrief internal teams, identify the necessary pitch resources and lead the agency through the pitch process. You will keep a pulse on industry shifts and the competitive landscape by attending key industry conferences and events.
Summary of Responsibilities includes:
New Client Procurement
- The oversight and driving of business efficiencies through training and upskilling agency business development abilities
- Drive improved performance in proposal development
- Create marketing materials to promote Ashfield MedComms US services and review processes, in order to sell our business development efforts
- Support the development, implementation and follow-through on action plans of AMC US strategies
New Business Development
- Identify opportunities and leads through market analysis, networking, personal contacts, industry meetings, scientific meetings and cold calling
- Develop new, original and innovative business ideas to meet clients’ needs, as well as to support the Agency and Client Commercial Plans
- Reinforce ways to ensure competitive advantage through encouraging the delivery of creative and diverse projects
- Manage AMC US’s new business materials and new business tracker; manage RFPs and RFIs in combination with the assigned teams
- Collaborate with senior management to build cross-functional teams to prepare and present new business proposals and presentations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with key industry contacts to facilitate winning new clients and accounts
- Coordinate presence at industry and scientific meetings
- Collaborate with BD team across Inizio Medical and Inizio as necessary to open and close opportunities to build business
Organic growth with existing clients
- Expansion into new therapy areas and new products within currently client companies
- Expansion of service offerings (commercial, publications, medical affairs, clinical, HEOR/market access, digital, etc.)
Leadership, Project Management, Finance and Compliance
- Collaborate with Client Service, Medical and Scientific Services and Project Management teams to manage BD efforts
- Establish, promote and maintain excellent new business working practices for AMC US and cross collaboration with Inizio partners
- Work with CS and PM teams to prepare, revise and approve draft budgets for all proposed BD work
- Ensure that confidentiality and compliance with internal firewalls are maintained at all times
Who has the qualities to join our team?
You will be a highly motivated, results-driven individual with extensive Healthcare Communications experience in an agency setting. You will have established industry relationships with a proven track record of success in developing, leading and winning new business within a Medical Communications environment (including medical affairs, publications and commercial medcomms).
You will have a strong understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech industries and be motivated by a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt quickly to change.
The qualified candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with extensive experience in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical environment
- Extensive solutions/consultative selling and business development experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Deep industry knowledge and awareness of business and clients
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building skills and ability to interface with all levels of management
- Resourceful, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective decision making and influencing abilities; demonstrated influencing leadership skills
- Solid team player with proven successful track record of working collaboratively in virtual/cross-functional/divisional teams
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Flexible and able to effectively balance multiple competing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; outstanding presentation skills
- Passion for science and solid track record of providing exceptional solutions to meet client needs
- High level of accountability and business ethics
Why Ashfield MedComms?
Ashfield MedComms currently operates with a flexible, hybrid approach. We provide our teams with the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – at home, in office or a mix. We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and making the world a healthier place
At Ashfield, compensation is more than just a base salary. We offer a comprehensive bonus plan and benefit programs including for medical, dental, and vision, a generous 401k match, vacation, sick and personal days, and entitlement to a four-week sabbatical at 7 years and every 5 years thereafter. Generous company holiday plan and additional benefits for those building a family include access to enhanced fertility support, family support programs, as well as expanded paid leave for new parents, including personalized coaching support
We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we operate, and our goal is to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and where they can flourish.
Inizio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Inizio are considered without regards to age, ancestry, colour, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Inizio will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Inizio is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.
Ashfield MedComms is part of Inizio Medical. Inizio is a strategic partner for health and life sciences with a full suite of medical, marketing, advisory and engagement services.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.