About Ashfield MedComms
Uniting the expertise and capabilities of Ashfield and Huntsworth Health, iNIZIO has launched to become THE strategic partner for health and life sciences companies. Unparalleled in scale and expertise, we connect a full suite of Advisory, Medical, Marketing/Communications, Patient and Stakeholder Engagement, and Biotech services to reimagine clients' challenges into opportunities.
We are a team of 10,000 experts working together in 35 countries to create something extraordinary. We exist to solve health challenges and develop transformational ideas that positively impact human lives. Working at Inizio offers an opportunity to work for a game-changing company built with one goal. That is to redefine health and life sciences by empowering our people to inspire new possibilities that promote health and build brighter futures.
About the role
As the Director of Operations you will have overall responsibility for all aspects of operations and agency delivery. You will set and refine the operational delivery standards and processes of our US medical communications group to ensure the business is best positioned to deliver the highest quality work. You will oversee the Editorial team and the newly formed Project Management team. As such you will anticipate employee and client needs, prioritize work obligations in partnership with team leads, and oversee team deadlines. Working with the Senior Leadership Team and the Department heads you will ensure that our agency applies operational best practice ensuring integrated, compliant, intuitive, efficient, and cost-effective working practices to our clients. The essence of your role is to consistently achieve the best outcomes for our clients by shaping processes and using technology to make Ashfield MedComms US an agency renowned for quality and efficiency.
Ashfield MedComms currently operates with a flexible, hybrid approach. We provide our teams with the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – fully remote at home, in office or a mix. We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and making the world a healthier place.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Manage the Operations, Project Management, and Editorial team members
- Act as a liaison between the Business Unit Head, the Senior Leadership Team and all departments within AMC US Business Unit.
- Expected to be a minimum of 50% billable taking on overflow editorial or project management work as necessary for delivery.
- Develop and execute an operations model, centered around consistent working practice, ensuring a "one agency" way of working, regardless of geography, where all teams work to consistent standards and expectations and deliver gold standard operations.
- Continually evolve and optimize operations, driving an innovative program of work that consistently increases efficiency, accuracy and billability. This also includes leading on the implementation relevant software needs and all systems technology innovations/updates as well as utilizing/optimizing our technology and resources in the best and most efficient way possible
- Lead the development and provision of guidance, process documentation, SOPs, training guides etc to support consistent best practice in operations.
- Drive and champion a partnership mindset, ensuring excellence in all operational delivery. This may include representing the client operations team in client meetings and/or instilling this same client partnership mindset in all those who work within the client operations team
- Be responsible for timesheet completion and utilization for oversight team members
- Manage, inspire, guide, and motivate the operations, editorial and project management teams to ensure that they perform at their highest potential
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 10+ years of operational experience, 6+ years Medical Communications Agency experience
- Exceptional communication, management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and proactive with excellent decision-making skills and the vision to anticipate issues while managing multiple assignments
- Ability to balance many assignments with conflicting timelines, various deliverables, and multiple decision makers
- Experience managing teams
At Ashfield, compensation is more than just a base salary. We offer a comprehensive bonus plan and benefit programs including for medical, dental, and vision, a generous 401k match, vacation, sick and personal days, and entitlement to a four-week sabbatical at 7 years and every 5 years thereafter. Generous company holiday plan and additional benefits for those building a family include access to enhanced fertility support, family support programs, as well as expanded paid leave for new parents, including personalized coaching support.
We appreciate the importance of having a workforce that reflects the various communities in which we operate, and our goal is to create an inclusive environment where diverse employees want to work and where they can flourish.
Ashfield MedComms is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Inizio are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Inizio will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Inizio is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.
Ashfield MedComms is part of Inizio Medical. Inizio is a strategic partner for health and life sciences with a full suite of medical, marketing, advisory and engagement services.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.