Inizio Medical has built a large team of medical writers in South Africa, becoming the leading medical communications company in Africa. We are recruiting for a new intake of medical writers who will start with us in January 2024.
Our teams in South Africa work alongside our global teams (based in the US, UK, South Africa and EU) in our three med comms agencies: ApotheCom, Nucleus Global and Ashfield MedComms. This will give you the opportunity to work on cutting edge science with world-leading experts in a variety of therapy areas, and help to deliver impactful results for the healthcare community.
To give you the best start in your med comms career, you will receive industry-leading, award-winning training through our allegro.WRITE training programme. During your first six weeks with the company, a dedicated team of experts will provide training and individual mentoring focussed on developing writing skills, project management, teamwork and networking, allowing you to build confidence and ability.
The power of three of the world’s leading medical communications companies – Nucleus Global, ApotheCom and Ashfield MedComms – and the specialized services and skill sets within MEDiSTRAVA and MedEvoke combine to form Inizio Medical. With approximately 2,200 employees globally, Inizio Medical creates compelling content and engages communities to achieve outcomes that matter.
You are responsible for (a) researching and developing technical medical material, (b) ensuring that all outputs adhere to the written brief, are accurate in content and editorial style and can be referenced, (c) liaising with clients and medical experts on content development, (d) attending scientific and client meetings where output is required.
- An advanced degree in a biomedical subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent and versatile scientific writing and editing ability
- Experience of writing scientific publications and conference presentations
- Ability to generate materials to a high standard and quality, with minimal internal review/assistance
- Excellent project-management and organisational skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Good time management skills
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Excellent quality control skills and meticulous eye for detail – style/consistency, grammar, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc.
- Ability to ensure all writing meets the client’s strategic marketing objectives, as well as being of high scientific quality/credibility
- Understanding of pharmaceutical and health-related issues
- Strong sense of responsibility and urgency; ability to take ownership of projects
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Solid understanding of human pathophysiology and disease; ability to learn new and diverse subject areas quickly
- Ability to work within a team and form productive working relationships within, and external to, Huntsworth Health
- Strong client-centric attitude - ability to work with clients on projects, ensuring they meet strategic marketing and medical needs
- Flexibility and ability to manage simultaneous priorities, changing deadlines, and limited resources.
- IT skills – Word, PowerPoint, internet searching