Location: Spain - Madrid, home based, travel abroad will be required
Job Type: Permanent, full time
Reporting to: Strategic Country Manager France & Spain
Direct Reports: None
With no week/month the same, the Project Director reports into the SCM, France & Spain, responsible for Spain, and has overall responsibility for managing the STEM business in Spain, including developing the local Project Manager teams and responsible (on a matrix basis) for the project team, including field staff, growing the business through effective business development, and delivering quality projects. The projects tend to be for global pharmaceutical organisations, and possibly beyond, in line with STEM’s business need.
- The Project Director will be part of the Region Europe and Emerging Market team and participate towards the Region goals and objectives for FY2024 and beyond.
- The Project Director will assume responsibility for multiple local accounts, including the creation and execution of account plans, ensuring the quality of delivered projects, and fostering account growth within the region.
- The Project Director is a key client contact at STEM, developing an understanding of their business, interviewing their leaders, analysing, and interpreting observational data, and ultimately presenting the final report and making strategic recommendations, as well as maintaining ongoing contact with the client, helping the client to bring the action plan to life after the insight discussion. Finally, strengthen the partnership with the client with potential consulting projects.
- The Project Director will have responsibility for projects in Iberia (mainly Spain) and potentially throughout the region wherever possible, even if the projects are in other markets within the region. Therefore, the Project Director will work with the local teams to move across STEM’s geographies to enable flexibility in the Regional team’s capacity.
- As Project Director, there will be leadership of the Project Managers, Analysts and with an experienced team of field workers, the Project Director is responsible for briefing their project team (pulled together on a project basis), as well as taking part in some of the field interviews with senior leaders.
- The field workers - managed indirectly - observe HCPs interactions with the sales, market access or field-based medical teams, depending on the scope and nature of the project. Whilst data is being gathered the Project Director develops a bespoke presentation can be brought together, and strategic recommendations can be made to the client.
- Project Directors thrive in the entrepreneurial environment, attracted to the high levels of accountability and opportunity to be a true partner to clients, making strategic recommendations which significantly impact the success of their business.
- The Project Director should act as a coach and leader of Project Managers, Analysts, Field Workers, Project Coordinators and provide constructive and helpful feedback and coaching to aid the development of colleagues alongside the capability team.
- The project Director will help clients to bring the action plan to life after the insight discussion.
- The project Director will seek to strengthen the partnership with the client with potential consulting projects.
- The Project Director will deliver client interactions via remote methods or in person (preferably). As such, the Project Director will be the client relationship link to STEM.
- The Project Director will work with Global Client Partnerships STEM colleagues to ensure local projects run by the Project Director are coordinated with the GCP global projects.
- Pricing and contract negotiations with clients should be managed with the appropriate STEM colleagues (such as the Pricing team).
- Ongoing business development opportunities should be pursued and maximised whether individually or with colleagues, as the Project Director is responsible to grow the business in TMEA.
- STEM’s wide-ranging and innovative business model allows exposure to C-Level executives across the top Pharma companies, and the opportunity to tackle their critical issues.
- STEM has an excellent reputation with their clients, and as a fast-growing business, there are opportunities to expand and develop beyond the role when success has been demonstrated.
- STEM offers the opportunity to move into more senior and / or above country roles for the right talent as part of their long-term career development.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant area (for example Business Studies / Life Sciences).
- Advanced business degree is a plus (e.g., MBA/Certificates).
- In house Pharma roles in Sales Management, Marketing Management, Business Unit Head or Management Consultant, with high level client facing interaction.
- Ability to network at high levels and be credible when interacting with senior individuals within client companies is essential.
- Multi-culturally aware.
- Good team member, who can work with multiple colleagues from different countries and teams, but who has the experience and confidence to operate autonomously when required.
- Results-focused but very good interpersonal skills to win business and partner strategically with key clients.
- Advanced communication skills to operate at senior leadership level with pharma clients. Must be able to adapt communication style according to the situation, audience and cultural differences. Can ‘tell a story’ and close a deal.
- Ambitious, ability to work independently but a good team player with good leadership skills
- Gravitas and interpersonal awareness to interact, challenge, advise and deliver solutions
- Ability to work from home and remotely from direct manager and colleagues effectively.
- Resilience to keep being positive.
- Analytical skills.
- Active listener.
- Clear presentation style.
- High levels of communication skills in English and local language.
- Previous experience of working in global pharma organisations and collaboration with European/Global teams or own international work experience is preferable
- Embrace the entrepreneurial environment, and be attracted to the high levels of accountability and opportunity to partner with clients making strategic recommendations
STEM Healthcare is a dynamic, fast paced global pharmaceutical and life sciences strategic benchmarking firm headquartered in the UK and present across six continents. STEM have developed an audit process and built a benchmarking database with more than 500,000 face-to-face observations completed across 52 countries. The benchmark provided is unique in the pharmaceutical industry consisting of over 100 KPIs, while focusing on 2-3 key priorities during formulation of action planning to help clients further accelerate performance.
STEM accelerates performance, improves strategic alignment, and facilitates excellence in marketing, medical, market access and account plans strategy execution. Due to the unique, specialised and highly targeted offering, STEM is experiencing a rapid growth phase, and recruiting heavily across the world. New employees will be joining at a time where rapid career development and growth opportunities are expected, as the organisation works towards their mid and long-term goals.
Vision: To always be viewed as an essential partner in enabling our clients to reach more patients with their medicines
Mission: To accelerate high performance
Core Values: Brave, Honest, Performance Driven, Practical, Customer Focused, Caring
Find us here:
STEM Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. STEM Healthcare will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. STEM Healthcare only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.