Putnam is looking to hire a Resource Optimization Coordinator who will manage and execute project assignments within the company’s Professional Services Automation (PSA) system. Resource management and project staffing is an integral part of how we drive success for our employees, our business, and our clients. You will work collaboratively with leadership, team leads, operations, and HR to allocate project teams and manage project schedules. We are looking for an analytical, high-EQ, ultra-organized person to support the balance of many stakeholders while providing a tailored experience aimed at serving the unique needs of each Putnam consulting team member.
The Resource Optimization Coordinator, reporting to the Business Operations Manager, will also collaborate extensively across various departments within Putnam including the C-suite, Operations Team, Finance Team, and HR team – as well as other team members across the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface with staffing managers across functional verticals to collect and update staffing assignments and ensure appropriate tracking and updates within the PSA system
- Support in overseeing project extensions, ensuring adherence to policies and that records are in accordance with current processes
- Look for ways to optimize and streamline the collection and updating of staffing assignments and staff resource tracking and reporting via the PSA
- Monitor the project pipeline with special attention to capacity shortages and overages that could have significant business impact
- Provide regular data reports, share insights on staffing trends, utilization and other metrics with leadership and key stakeholders
- Monitor historic and anticipated utilization and assess individual capacity
- Communicate staffing outlook and constraints to the leadership team regularly and effectively
- Support any implementation and change management of staffing related components related to the Financial Force platform
- Partner with the Ops team to create, run, maintain and enhance weekly reports and forecasts to highlight overall staffing environment including available team members and pipeline opportunities
- Support evaluation of staff utilization by functional area and level to support profitability assessment and forward hiring objectives
Desired Skills & Experience
- A bachelor's degree and minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience with employee resourcing in a professional services organization
- Experience and understanding of resource allocation and management
- Experience working collaboratively with project teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity, needs of the business can change and the ability to pivot and reprioritize will be important
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment as well as working independently to drive impact
- Professionalism and confidential mindset when working with teams
- Strives for efficient and effective processes and improvement to allow for teams to work better together and for project managers to work effectively with operations.
- Comfortable working with teams from across the globe
- Very strong service orientation who takes a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and develop trust and confidence in consulting staff
What we offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Working in a team-based environment on a global scale.
- Great benefits package [paid time off, pension, health and wellness, and more].
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory company, is a leading scientific and strategic consulting partner that helps the global life science community make confident decisions, build value, and bring life-changing innovations to clinicians and patients. For more than 30 years, our rigorous, bespoke approach and globally diverse team have delivered unrivaled depth across therapeutic areas, business functions, geographic markets, healthcare sectors, and technology platforms to maximize the human impact and commercial success of client innovations.
We believe that to create real, lasting change on human health, we must bring out the best in our people, in every way and at every level. We offer a boutique-firm feel inside a global enterprise, opening the door to limitless opportunities to kickstart your career or hone your expertise. Built on the pillars of empowerment, collaboration, and meaning, we’re proud to offer a fulfilling environment where world-class advisors can come together to shape the future of healthcare for the better.
Serving the life sciences industry, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies, consistently ranked as one of the top consulting firms by Vault, and maintaining a true global team of experts with 400+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents, we offer a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting our clients.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please note that Putnam is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.