ASG is an unconventional group of market-leading SaaS software companies, serving industries ranging from behavioral health to transportation to childcare. The company has acquired 20+ businesses since its inception in August of 2016, with triple digit growth over the past three years. We are backed by Alpine Investors and operated by world-class PeopleFirst™ leaders. ASG believes deeply in the power of people and data to grow great organizations, and that sharing knowledge, expertise, and resources across its community of businesses drives exponential growth. Founders of leading SaaS companies continue to trust ASG to grow their businesses and build even stronger legacies for the future. To learn more, visit www.alpinesg.com.
About Alpine Investors
Alpine is a values-driven private equity firm with a mission to build enduring companies by working with, learning from and developing exceptional people. Alpine specializes in lower middle-market companies in the software, online and business services industries. For more information, visit https://www.alpineinvestors.com/about/
The Mission of the Role
We are looking for an M&A Integration Manager who is passionate about M&A transactions, technical accounting, and project management. The role will be responsible for (i) seamless coordination with all parties in the M&A integration process (deal team, diligence team, HR, accounting, etc.); (ii) onboarding each new acquisition to our various financial platforms (iii) coordinating the audit and all related financial disclosures for the transaction; and (iv) continuously improving the onboarding process.
This is a project-based role, that requires strong organizational and project management skills and is suited for someone who excels in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate roadblocks in a project and resolve issues quickly and efficiently leveraging their experience with finance operations and technical accounting. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance at ASG.
- Ensure effective coordination with all parties in the M&A integration process (deal team, diligence team, HR, accounting, etc.) to design and execute a post-acquisition onboarding plan for finance and accounting operations.
- Work with the diligence team to (i) assess talent to develop post-acquisition resource plan; (ii) assess accounting recognition policies to inform Quality of Earnings adjustments as well as post-acquisition accounting processes; (iii) ensure pro forma historic financials are updated and loaded in our GL system; and (iv) coordinate negotiation of the working capital true-up.
- Partner with the deal team to create and execute the flow of funds for each deal.
- Work with ASG’s systems implementation specialist to onboard the newly-acquired company to our various financial platforms within 60 days post-acquisition (Intacct / Bill.com / Expensify / Paylocity / First Republic / etc.).
- Coordinate the ASC 805 valuation of the acquisition with our third-party valuation firm within 60 days post-acquisition.
- Prepare the opening balance sheet and all deal-related support for the auditors; manage their review of the transaction; and resolve all comments within 120 days post-acquisition.
- Identify strategic changes to the onboarding process, where necessary, and advocate for continuous process improvements.
- Manage vendor relationships for insurance, third-party valuations, escrow agents, and business licensing.
- 8+ years of public and private accounting, and/or private equity experience, with increasing responsibility and experience with M&A transactions
- Deep understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and experience with the audit process
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with our core financial operating systems a plus – Intacct, Paylocity, Bill.com, Expensify
- 4-year degree in finance, accounting, or related program
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Stellar time management and organizational skills
- Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced startup environment
- Works collaboratively and energetically
- Highly-developed sense of accountability
- Possesses a “can do” attitude with the ability to think creatively to find the best possible solution
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
- Analytical – finds meaning and action in numbers, and is a data-driven decision-maker
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of others
- An undying commitment to personal growth and development
- Location: Walnut Creek, CA
- Compensation: Competitive
- Other Benefits: 401k matching, medical, dental and vision healthcare coverage, FSA, competitive PTO, sick days, and holidays
- People First mindset: The guiding principle of our and Alpine’s mentality is that the key to success is working with, learning from, and developing exceptional people
- Culture: high-energy, fast-moving, passionate atmosphere in a casual, laid back environment