Sales Development Representative
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports To: Head of Sales
Who We Are
Exym is a behavioral health EHR built for the specific needs of California providers. Our intuitive, powerful software is used by thousands of clinicians across California. Our electronic claims features process over $300 million in annual claims and is the gold-standard for EDI in California. With a product that is easy to use, extremely reliable (99.9% uptime) and well-proven over many years, Exym is growing quickly. Exym is part of Alpine Software Group, a rapidly growing group of market-leading vertical SaaS companies backed by Alpine Investors in California.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who is full of grit and excited by the hunt, motivated by the goal of bringing in new revenue opportunities for a growing book of business. In this role, your core responsibilities will be (1) pipeline generation (new revenue to opportunity pipeline), (2) high outbound outreach activity (quantity of emails, calls, messages completed & connected), and (3) securing demos that leads attend (quality leads, converted by you.)
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated and competitive go-getter who is also emotionally intelligent, empathetic, and creative. As one of the first touch-points for our future customers, professionalism, compassion, and excellent communication are key.
The SDR will report directly to the Head of Sales and will work closely with Marketing to properly identify target Lead Job Titles, Counties, and Market-pulse to inform content generation. This is an exciting opportunity to build the sales department in our expanding organization.
- Conduct direct outreach by email, phone, and social media messaging
- Convert warm, qualified leads (with a high probability of converting to an Opportunity) into scheduled calls
- Actively identify potential revenue opportunities within Customer and Outbound Agency lists
- Contribute to our list of role-based contacts from our county-specific Organization list
- Intuit the ideal content based on initial needs analysis
- Maintain pristine activity logs and Lead data in CRM
- Collaborate internally with information gained from interaction with the market
- Assist in the development of outbound email campaigns
- 1+ years experience in a Sales, Marketing, or SDR Role
- BA/BS Degree
- Strong work ethic for self-motivated remote environment
- Based in Pacific Time Zone (CA preferred)
- Salesforce knowledge
- History of met/exceeded metrics in past roles held on B2B SaaS teams
- Experience with behavioral health or social services
- Familiarity with behavioral health billing systems, especially in California
- Familiarity with behavioral health EHRs or EMRs
- Communicator: Above-average written and oral expression
- Self-awareness: Balanced understanding of confidence and humility
- Detail oriented: The small things don’t get missed
- Fast-learning: Can self-teach or pick up skills after one lesson
- Adaptable: Able to shift with changing priorities easily
- Prioritization Skills: Knows how to triage when the task-list gets full
- Growth-mindset: Not afraid of failing-then-adapting
- Career-oriented: Looking to grow and advance in a sales career
- Integrity: Committed to kindness, honesty, and customer-focus
- Commitment to our industry: Cares deeply about the work done in the Social Services field
- Other Benefits: 401k matching, medical, dental and vision healthcare coverage, FSA, competitive PTO, sick days, and holidays
- Culture: Highly mission-driven, casual, fully remote team.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, and those that do not entirely meet all requirements are encouraged to apply.