Engineering Manager, Data Engineering
We’re looking for a strategic leader who is passionate about providing high quality data available to enable data driven decision making. The Data Engineering team is responsible for the data architecture to support Asana’s analytical needs and collaborates with our Data Science teams to support Asana’s product and business pillars.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you’ll manage a team of 5 data engineers supporting data science and product teams to optimize adoption, growth and experience for Asana users (e.g. landing new customers in Asana). You’ll partner closely with product managers, data scientists and engineering to help set the strategy and direction for the overall team.
What you’ll achieve
- Coach and mentor the team's engineers for individual impact, balance, growth, and leadership
- Partner with business domain experts, data scientists and analysts, and engineering teams to build a multi-year vision and roadmap for the team
- Identify opportunities to improve our data architecture and advocate for investment in those opportunities with senior leadership
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Partner with recruiting and other engineering managers to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Upcoming Projects:
- Support the team in migrating pipelines to new financial data models
- Assist data science in building ML models
- Re-architect our analytical data model to create “golden” canonical sources of truth
- Bachelor Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience preferably in data engineering
- 5+ years of total work experience in data engineering or a related field
- Experience building data solutions including architectures, data models and data production systems
- Focus on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done — and then doing it
- Experience partnering with data science/product teams on both large, strategic data projects and routine partner work
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.