The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of research and can balance rigor with experimentation.
You’ll be joining the Clarity Pillar, empowering our customers to use insights about their work to make better decisions: enabling reflection on how well their teams are doing, finding opportunities to collaborate more effectively and planning for the future. Your research will also enable customers, whether a junior new hire or a senior executive, to connect their work to their company’s goals and mission.
What you’ll achieve
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customers and communicate that empathy throughout the company. You’ll own the evolving story of Asana’s mobile users
- Identify and prioritize the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, and execute on the highest leveraged work
- Balance strategic and tactical research to deliver high-impact results; coach & empower teams to conduct focused product research
- Provide guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools and communications
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 4+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products, including 2+ years focused on mobile experiences
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle
- Able to develop and apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Foundational knowledge of best practices, design principles and content strategy for both mobile and web.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.