Asana is on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. We serve millions of organizations in 190 countries—and we’re just getting started.
As a member of our growing Revenue organisation, you will be instrumental in defining, testing, and growing a sales model that balances bottoms-up scale with top-down positioning. And, as a leader, you will have a profound impact on the overall growth of Asana through building out our Corporate Sales Team in the UK & Ireland.
What you'll achieve:
- Lead, hire, and develop a UK & Ireland focused team within Asana’s Corporate Sales team in Dublin
- Lead strategic planning for your team, including: territory planning, deal strategy development, and enablement
- Participate directly in all sales situations and negotiations
- Achieve ambitious quarterly targets
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Enablement & Engineering teams
- Establish and implement best practices for maximising pipeline creation, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce hygiene
- Run team forecasting meetings and deal reviews to deliver accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts
- 3+ years of sales leadership experience in SaaS, preferable
- 3+ years in a quota carrying SaaS role
- A knowledge and passion for high volume, bottoms up sales, complemented with top down selling
- A passion for coaching, developing and transforming world class talent
- A love for building teams
- An aptitude for problem solving and developing creative solutions
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- A history of developing and implementing prospecting strategies to build pipeline
- Enjoy working with peers on the Marketing, Partnerships, Customer Operations, and Product teams
- Track record of overachieving on personal targets.
- History in the Productivity and Collaboration markets
- Selling to and supporting the Marketing, Sales, Operations, HR and Collaboration (IT) functions
- Executing new and existing sales motions
- Participated in a rapidly scaling business(s)
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.