At Asana, we build collaboration & communication software to help every team in the world to be more effective and work effortlessly to do great things together. We believe in “Fast Growth, Mindful Business” and invest in our culture because we believe it drives our business success—which is growing at unprecedented rates.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented leader, with keen business acumen, to join our growing People team! You’ll evolve the framework and operating system for forward-thinking, global learning and development strategies and initiatives while leading a team and partnering with people partners and employee relations pros who interact with Asanas at all levels. You’ll own a wide range of learning and development programs, including manager enablement and our coaching programs. This role reports directly to Mike Jordan, Head of Employee Growth and Impact and will be a key member of the Employee Growth and Impact leadership team.
What You’ll Achieve in this role:
- Shape, influence and lead an evolving talent management function at high growth, global company
- Identify, create and execute on key talent initiatives and programs that align with Asana's culture and values to help leaders scale and develop their organizations, to ensure high performing and impactful teams
- Guide, mentor, and develop a high performing talent management team and continue to scale the team based on strategic business objectives
- Partner closely and co-create with leaders across the company on key people and talent programs
- Provide ongoing thought leadership and guidance to people partners to ensure they effectively counsel Asanas on growth and developing talent
- You will be responsible for evolving Asana’s global talent management function by establishing the strategy and framework for various offerings and programs to optimize employee growth and impact throughout the company
- Work closely and collaborate with Asana’s Head of Growth and Impact on company-wide, critical global talent initiatives
- Ensure that the organization is evolving in the right way and consistent and accurate messages are delivered
- Build relationships across the business ensuring stakeholders are kept informed of changes that impact their teams
- 10+ years of human resources experience, with expertise in at least two of the areas: talent management, performance management, organizational design and effectiveness, employee engagement; 3+ years of leading teams
- An experienced and innovative leader who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with solid experience in a broad range of People areas such as leadership, career, and organization development
- Act as a true, collaborative partner and work with business and functional leaders to drive talent strategies that engage and retain our best leaders and team members as we continue to grow
- Exceptional track record of managing and developing effective people teams at a high growth, global company.
- Strong business partner background driving: business results, organizational design and effectiveness, performance management, executive coaching, and development programs and initiatives
- Ability to scale from strategic to hands-on, with deep experience in mid-sized growth companies
- Data-driven, decision-maker and pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them
- Proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders and multitask or re-prioritize as needed in a high-velocity environment
- Proven track record in leading, planning and executing upon global programs and projects in high growth environments
- Successful track record scaling mid or late-stage, venture-backed startups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.