As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the Solutions team. The Solutions team explores the art of the possible with prospects and demonstrates the path to get there with Asana.
We know that our customers all have their own unique workflows spanning across many different tools and services. The Technical Services team is responsible for consultancy and technical delivery of custom platform workflows and implementations for our customers using our public-facing API.
You’ll be a strategic member of the team working closely with Sales and Customer Success both in-region and in Dublin HQ. You will be the trusted technical advisor not only for customers and solutions partners but also internally. During the first 6 to 12 months you will support both presales and postsales engagements while shaping and proving the EMEA approach to Technical Services.
Through your deep product and technical knowledge and expertise in business workflows, you’ll support our EMEA Enterprise Sales team to drive account strategy for top accounts and ensure our customers make the best out of their Asana instance. Along the way, you’ll collaborate closely with other product and engineering platform teams, where you’ll have an impactful opportunity to help craft a vision and identify gaps and improvements in the Product and Platform roadmap.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with Sales teams to develop and drive account strategy for key accounts
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and articulate how Asana can address those pain points by presenting a solution and its business impact
- Own technical design and project execution for our strategic customers
- Solve challenging workflows and help our customers get the best of Asana
- Guide our Solutions Partners towards platform services excellence
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to improve the roadmap and long-term platform strategy
- 5+ years in a Developer, Sales Engineering, Technical Services in a SaaS environment
- 1+ years of experience leading a complex project end-to-end or building programs from the ground up
- A storyteller, who’s comfortable presenting a company and product to anyone in any setting
- Able to identify solutions to customer obstacles creatively and quickly
- Hands-on development and scripting experience with JSON and RESTful APIs
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing integrations between SaaS and/or on-prem solutions
- A deep technical curiosity and understanding of how IT systems work in a business context
- Proven track record of achieving results while balancing demanding expectations
- Ability to clearly articulate technical topics to a non-technical or business audience
- Someone who can work with marketing, business, and product teams to find the right solutions for our customers
- Self-starter and independent thinker: this role is dynamic and requires a lot of taking ownership on your own to get things done.
- The right balance of advocacy for the customer and for Asana in all situations
- A consultant for our partner ecosystem to help them drive success and convert our mutual clients
- Conversational knowledge of software/SaaS buying behaviours
- Travel up to 25%.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.