At Asana, we’re building collaboration software to help every team in the world become more effective in working together and realizing their goals. On the Insights team, we help to demonstrate to our clients the value of Asana through data. We act as data storytellers and strategic partners to our customers, and we dive deep into data in order to surface and communicate actionable insights.
As the Scaled Insights Manager, you will be responsible for partnering with the Global Head of Insights & Renewals and the Insights Lead on building the scaled insights engine to empower our global sales team to deliver key insights to Asana customers, enabling them to work more efficiently and effectively. We’re looking for a player/coach with a holistic set of methodological skills (both qualitative and quantitative), leadership skills, a strategic mindset, and the ability to use insights to influence. In this position, you will partner with Sales, Customer Success, Data Science, Product, and other cross-functional teams to craft narrative templates, build data-driven dashboards, and drive insights at scale. In doing so, you will help to drive higher customer satisfaction, customer retention, and new business growth and expansion.
As the Scaled Insights Manager, you will report directly to the Insights Lead. This position can be based in San Francisco (preferred), New York, or Chicago.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver on the Insights vision
- Harness the power of Asana's data to build and operationalize the value of work graph for our customers
- Deeply understand and leverage Asana's data and systems to create templated narratives, dashboards, and advanced analyses
- Operationalize reports and narratives derived from custom analyses
- Develop business requirements in order to deliver on the vision
- Manage a small (and growing!) team of Scaled Insights Analysts
- 5+ years of experience in insights or strategy roles working on quantitative and qualitative primary research that delivers business results
- Expert in Excel; Intermediate+ in SQL; SFDC experience a plus
- Intermediate+ in data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI
- Strong communication and data storytelling skills
- Scrappy, intellectually curious and intrinsically motivated by the challenges - none are too big or too small!
- Highly collaborative, effective partner who can influence partner teams
- Experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action
- Experience translating key business questions into research proposals and plans and translate proposals into action
- Ambition to build deep business understanding, taking full advantage of a matrixed organization to enrich insight agendas and help drive business results
- 1-2 years of management experience
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.