We are looking for a Security Engineer to grow our rapidly expanding Infrastructure Security team here at Asana. You will be working with the Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure our infrastructure is safe from adversaries by enhancing our containment and detection capabilities.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users and employees are safe from malicious activity and accidental disclosure. We build the systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to develop secure software easily. We're focused on secure-by-default frameworks, least privilege access, detection and alerting, and eliminating bug classes.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing, building, and maintaining our security infrastructure, including our intrusion detection and response capabilities
- Developing processes, code, or systems that mitigate and prevent infrastructure breaches
- Building secure-by-default infrastructure for the rest of Engineering to use
- Partnering and embedding with infrastructure engineering teams on building our newest features and technologies to ensure they are secure.
- Expanding our detection and response to security events relating to our infrastructure, including improving out detection capabilities and maturing our incident response capabilities
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer, including at least 1 year as a security engineer
- Experience working on a security or security-aligned team
- Familiar with top infrastructure security risks and mitigations
- Experience with prioritizing risks based on probability and balancing business velocity
- Solid programming skills
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.