The Business Intelligence and Data teams at Asana are organized to accelerate the customer journey. Our Technical Program Management team is a close partner to these teams and helps them build a scalable foundation of technology, data, governance, and processes that turns our go-to-market strategies into results.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Business Technology team in coordinating projects for multiple areas, such as Data Lake build-out, Snowflake implementation, MDM, and Data Governance. Our TPMs are responsible to manage the full lifecycle of projects and programs — from project kick-off and planning to execution and closure. They foster open collaboration by working with cross-functional project team members to help drive, design, and improve processes and tools. They are comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed into impactful results. They identify, manage, and mitigate risks, and create repeatable project management processes, providing the leverage to scale our business.
In this role, this TPM will be responsible for programs in the Data Lakes/Data Governance portfolio. They will develop a deep understanding of the strategies, objectives, key initiatives driving success for the organization and collaborate to get work efficiently done with teams.
What You’ll Achieve
- Ensure the success of the overall portfolio by partnering to drive execution, communication, and change management across various initiatives
- Improve the cohesiveness between Business Technology pillars and also our stakeholders, by evolving our methodologies, execution model, communications, and information tracking process
- Ensure coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects
- Organize the overall project team and establish clear roles and responsibilities at the beginning of each project; hold the project team accountable for the deliverables
- Proactively detect misalignment and risk; gain consensus on appropriate actions to mitigate the negative impact
- Participate in the expansion of existing footprint to bring in new technologies, conducting build vs buy analysis, building and responding to RFPs, evaluating tooling, and onboarding them
- Ensure creation, prioritization, and update of the Business Intelligence project roadmap and sequence roadmap work to maximize velocity
- Minimum 7 years of experience in senior project/program management roles with proven experience in leading complex projects for Business Intelligence, Sales, or Customer Success business functions
- Ability to balance a program workload and staffing according to project/program and organizational priorities and goals
- Experience with BI/DI stack technologies such as Snowflake, Tableau, Redshift, Postgres, Informatica, etc.
- Experience in Data Governance within a publicly-traded company preferred
- Solid understanding of the SaaS business model. Understanding of full lead lifecycle: top of funnel > handoff to sales > sales lifecycle
- Experience with CRM platforms like Salesforce.com, peripheral apps that integrate to it, and how these support business processes
- Deep experience in driving projects in an agile/scrum, waterfall, or hybrid environment
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of both the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and non-technology project lifecycle, including identification of business problems, development of business cases and project plans, and project management and closeout
- Immense curiosity and flexibility to tailor the best solutions for Asana, rather than operating from a honed playbook
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust with stakeholders, keeping them and their teams engaged and motivated especially when the going gets tough
- Adaptable self-starter skilled at creating structure in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, serving as a liaison between business and technical teams, driving effective, timely solutions
- Excellent communication and a proven track record of interacting successfully at multiple levels such as individual contributors, management, stakeholders, and executives
- A love for learning and passion for empowering others to do their best work
- Experience leading projects/programs in a B2B SaaS organization
- PMP or Agile certification preferred
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.